Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 3880 150C error code  (Read 5153 times)

Rod Prouty

• Prouty Photography
Epson 3880 150C error code
« on: March 29, 2014, 08:23:01 pm »

Several months ago I purchased a used Epson 3880. Was told that it was still had the original inks that it came with. I paid $600.00 shipped. Almost from day one I would get "Error Code 150C-Please Contact Repair Center".
I did the power on-power off, move the print head back and forth, all the suggested owner fixes. Some times they worked right a way and some times it took hours to get it back on-line.
Monday morning it will be sitting by the trash can hopefully it will make good landfill:-)
On-line searches show I'm not the only one that has experienced this.
I'm no where near an authorized service center. I'm not about to dump it on someone else, and I'm not suggesting that it was dumped on me, but would I be stupid/dumb to purchase a new 3880?
Does the 4900 have these problems?
Thanks in advance for any suggestion and help.

I posted this on the Fred Miranda forum and the best advice was to repost it here.

Johnny_Johnson

Re: Epson 3880 150C error code
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 12:03:32 am »

Hi Rod,

I purchased a refurbished 3880 from Epson about 14 months ago and it started throwing the 150C error code just before Christmas. I tried the "unplug the printer, move the print head, plug it back in, pat your head while rubbing your belly" routine a number of times with limited success. I contacted Epson for the second time a couple of days before the warranty expired and asked for a replacement printer. They sent a replacement overnight and paid for shipping both ways. So far the replacement has worked flawlessly. Based on my limited research I don't believe many 3880 units have the 150C problem and wouldn't hesitate to purchase another referbished unit. I was disappointed with the original problem but would rate Epson's handling of it as A+.

Later,
Johnny

Rory

• Recent images
Re: Epson 3880 150C error code
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 10:45:30 am »

My new 3880 had this problem after 15 prints.  Epson replaced it and the replacement had the same problem after about 15 prints.  Third time appears to be a charm, as I have not had the problem again (yet).  I did learn a couple of things: Epson replaces printers with refurbished printers and the 3880 is very sensitive to paper that is not perfectly flat.  I think I caused the error the second time be trying to use paper I had cut off a roll and the printer did not like the curve of the paper as it fed through.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/roryhi
Pages: [1]   Go Up