Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Pro-1 icc profile numbers used query  (Read 1480 times)

dgillilan

Canon Pro-1 icc profile numbers used query
« on: March 28, 2014, 10:52:09 pm »

Hello,

My printer is the Canon Pro-1 type model, using ethernet connection, color print, no color match, etc.. I would like to know what the significance of the numbers within the canon profile icc paper listings has? For instance, I used the Canon Photo Paper Pro Luster paper type for a print  last night. I used Photoshop CS6 and used the Canon Print Studio Pro plug-in from Photoshop; I set media type at Photo Paper Pro Lustre. But when I chose the icc profile, there were two choices available:

"Canon Pro-1 v1-1 new<LU>1/2/3  Photo Paper Pro Luster " or

"Canon Pro-1 v1-1 new <LU>4 Photo Paper Pro Luster".

I see where in the regular print driver that under "Main", "Print Quality", "Custom", "Set", that the first slider for Print Quality offers 1 or 2 (but does NOT allow 3 or 4 or 5 which are grayed out and not a choice).

So does anyone understand why there are two icc profiles for "Photo Paper Pro Luster", and

does anyone understand the Print Quality settings and how they apply or how do those work along with the 1/2/3 and 4 in the icc profile choices?
The print turned out great, with standard quality, 8x10, and using the "1/2/3...." driver listed.   Just need to know the difference between the drivers for those several icc profiles that have numbers listed within the icc profile names.
Thanks, Debra

huguito

Re: Canon Pro-1 icc profile numbers used query
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 11:50:42 pm »

I see the same in some of the Epson profiles for my 9600
As an example; Premium luster has PLU1 and PLU2, 2 different profiles
I print with my own profiles but would like to know why multiple profiles for almost each paper in their list
Hugo
Pages: [1]   Go Up