Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikon D600 service advisory result  (Read 1922 times)

BrianWoolf

Nikon D600 service advisory result
« on: March 28, 2014, 02:05:31 pm »

Sent my Nikon D600 in to Nikon, because of the service advisory. Took less than three weeks for the repair and return. It was a UPS ground service to and from, that took 3-4 days from FL to NY, each way. According to the work order, Nikon replaced the shutter and some other bits, cleaned the sensor and I got back a new looking camera that I had to set up again. Everything is good.
So, THANK YOU, NIKON!

t6b9p

• BeyondVisible
Re: Nikon D600 service advisory result
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 02:10:57 pm »

Out of interest were you the original owner?

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 04:05:55 pm »

Sent my Nikon D600 in to Nikon, because of the service advisory. Took less than three weeks for the repair and return. It was a UPS ground service to and from, that took 3-4 days from FL to NY, each way. According to the work order, Nikon replaced the shutter and some other bits, cleaned the sensor and I got back a new looking camera that I had to set up again. Everything is good.
So, THANK YOU, NIKON!

Can you provide more details? I have a D600 and have not heard anything about this service advisory. Thanks.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 04:16:40 pm »

A few months ago, a customer at the local photomart was complaining about the D600 and trying to get it fixed, send it in under the store warranty which forces a swap, and the salesman was looking at all these ways to stop him, telling him to buy a cleaning kit etc. It was pretty obvious that the salesman at this large store had been told to prevent people from sending these cameras in for store-attached warranty service at all costs.

This was very strange as the store, FNAC, is known for its very effective after sales service.

It's nice to see they now have an advisory, but maybe it only applies in certain zones, or doesn't in some way reimburse the store-attached extra warranties where you pay 15% extra and get some supplementary warranty rights?

Edmund
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 04:21:01 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 04:36:20 pm »

Can you provide more details? I have a D600 and have not heard anything about this service advisory. Thanks.

The link from Nikon is in this post

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=87603.0

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

BrianWoolf

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 08:56:47 pm »

I am the original refurbished owner and saw the Service advisory alert on this site or on possibly another site. It is listed on the Nikonusa.com site, under on the service and support tab, under service advisories. They ask only for you to send in your camera serial number, then they get back to you with a ups label to send the body in, if the serial number checks out (is ok). I am very lax in sending in registration forms for any of the photo equipment that I buy. I thought Nikon might refuse me the service advisory because the camera body was a refurb and that I might not have sent in the registration info, but Nikon didn't. I purchased my camera from Adorama in NYC.
I didn't have a lot of dust, but did a few auto camera cleanings and then a few manual cleanings and there were a few spots that I couldn't get out. One was quite large.
Brian

atassy

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 03:46:15 am »

i live in the netherlands so procedures may be different than in the usa.
anyway, the nikon site here states that you can send in any d600, even out of warranty. no need to go through a store.
i sent in mine without having any problems, no dust specks, oil on the sensor or whatever. they took it in and are now replacing the shutter. basically what they do is they turn every d600 they receive into a d610, no questions asked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up