Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stock and laughingstock  (Read 1487 times)

StoneNYC

• StoneNYC
    • Stone NYC Photography
Re: Stock and laughingstock
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 09:12:20 am »

Haha! That's great! :)
~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 09:48:43 am »

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/industry-news/marketing/image-libraries-become-laughingstocks-for-advertising-industry/article17710066/?click=dlvr.it

Oh my lord how true is that. And the music, they forgot to mention the dinky winky trendy music! The sheer inanity of the ads that feature supposedly upbeat/energetic/inspirational muzak is beyond my power of expression. It's all scripted and composed to recipe but then, wasn't it always thus? Think of the Pathe newsreels which hardly ever diverged from the posh optimism which was intended to jolly along the beastly workers!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 09:50:19 am by Justinr »

StoneNYC

• StoneNYC
    • Stone NYC Photography
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 09:57:34 am »

Oh my lord how true is that. And the music, they forgot to mention the dinky winky trendy music! The sheer inanity of the ads that feature supposedly upbeat/energetic/inspirational muzak is beyond my power of expression. It's all scripted and composed to recipe but then, wasn't it always thus? Think of the Pathe newsreels which hardly ever diverged from the posh optimism which was intended to jolly along the beastly workers!

Or reusing popular music from "your" youth to catch your ear and remind you of happy memories to get you engaged in the product. ;)
~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Michael West

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 11:21:01 am »

Wonderfully funny!  Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up