Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ilford profile needed for Canon  (Read 1321 times)

LKC

• Christianehoej.dk
Ilford profile needed for Canon
« on: March 27, 2014, 09:52:59 am »

Hello

A couple of weeks ago I bought some Ilford paper, just to find out – as others in this forum – that the Ilford website is dead, and that ICC-profiles can no longer be downloaded.

The specific profile that I’m looking for doesn’t show up in any google searches either.

Therefor I take the liberty of asking here, if anybody has it and can make it available. The profile I need is for Ilford Gallerie Prestige Gold Mono Silk on Canon Pixma Pro-100
Regards

Lars K. Christensen

rgs

• Richard Smith Photography
Re: Ilford profile needed for Canon
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 09:37:34 pm »

I think I have it but that computer has already been put to bed. I'll look tomorrow. PM an e-mail to me so I can send it to you.
You will also need the settings for the printer so you know what paper type and ink load to select. I'll see if I have that too. Maybe someone else will have that information in case I can't find it.

LKC

• Christianehoej.dk
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 05:20:28 am »

Done that. Thank you.
Regards

Lars K. Christensen

LKC

• Christianehoej.dk
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 11:49:26 am »

So now I got my profile, thanks to RGS  :)
Regards

Lars K. Christensen

rgs

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 12:04:49 pm »

It occurs to me that, while supplies of Ilford papers are still around, it might be a good idea to establish some type of file sharing utility for Ilford profiles. I don't know much about that kind of thing but I have most of Ilford's profiles for the Canon PRO 100. If anyone knows how to set something up, I'll be glad to donate.

LKC

• Christianehoej.dk
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 04:05:56 pm »

Very good idea. It could be done via Dropbox or a website. If you think its too much hassle, feel free to mail them to me, and I will put them on my website for download.
Regards

Lars K. Christensen

rgs

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 05:13:44 pm »

No hassle. Just a little concern about legalities. I think I'll prepare a page and start a new thread when it's ready. If someone points out a legal problem, I'll just take it down.

LKC

• Christianehoej.dk
Re: Sv: Ilford profile needed for Canon
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 05:29:17 pm »

I don't now about the legalities either. But since profiles are offered with the paper, according to the package, it seems reasonable to provide them when the company are no longer able to do so. But then again - reason and the law are not allways the same :-)
Regards

Lars K. Christensen

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 08:21:44 am »

No hassle. Just a little concern about legalities. I think I'll prepare a page and start a new thread when it's ready. If someone points out a legal problem, I'll just take it down.
I just checked the PDF that accompanies the Ilford profiles and did not see and copyright statements.  Since the company no longer exists and the papers are not being manufactured I think the chance for any legal challenge are as close to zero as one can possibly get.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2014, 10:41:21 am »

IF you are really intrested in the legalities, check the copyright within the profile itself, there's a tag. Can do using the ColorSync utility. It may state the company who's software built the profile who may have had an agreement with Illford. Or Illford may have their own software. Or they could have stripped away that tag. In the end, it probably doesn't matter but again, if legalities are a concern, the profile may provide some useful information.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".
Pages: [1]   Go Up