Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CEDP with Dell  (Read 3999 times)

aaronchan

CEDP with Dell
« on: March 26, 2014, 01:30:16 am »

CEDP is a great software which I used to use it for my last job with an Eizo CG monitor.
Now I want to purchase the Dell U2713H which has a hardware LUT.
But this monitor LUT can "only" be accessed by it's own software which co-written with X-Rite and it only runs on Windows system.

I went on to CEDP website and their newest 1.6 version support some Dell monitor over DDC.
But they never said which specific model they do support.
Maybe i missed something? I'm not sure

So does anyone have successfully calibrate the Dell monitor via DDC with CEDP?

Thanks
Aaron

D Fosse

Re: CEDP with Dell
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 04:25:44 am »

Whether DDC/CI works with CEDP is very hit and miss, even from unit to unit. Implementation is not as standardized as one could wish.

According to what Jack Bingham (CEO) said on their forum, Dell is a particularly hopeless moving target, because they source their parts from different vendors depending on which is cheapest that particular week.

I tried it on two monitors that were both supposedly supported in CEDP, one Eizo and one NEC. No way it would work. So I've given up on CEDP and use EasyPix and Spectraview II on these.

aaronchan

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 02:27:17 pm »

I've used CEDP with Eizo monitors for quite some time and I'm pretty happy with the result. Specially compare to the color navigator.
Not sure about the Dell thing you are talking about but for a 899 monitor, I don't think they will change their parts during the mass production period. And also my question is: Does CEDP works with Dell UltraSharp U2713H?

p.s. Jack Bingham does not work in Integrated Color anymore since 2012.

Thanks
Aaron

D Fosse

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 04:32:24 pm »

p.s. Jack Bingham does not work in Integrated Color anymore since 2012.

I wouldn't know anything about that, but he still (as of a week ago) posts as "site admin".

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that one Dell U2713H may work, and the next one not. Yes, they do change their parts in mid-production run. That's how they can sell at the prices they do (which is about half of directly comparable models, spec by spec).

D Fosse

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 06:15:16 pm »

FWIW, here's what he said in june 2013 regarding the U2413:

"The deal with dell is iffy. They change hardware vendors constantly so trying to track ddc changes is impossible".

http://integrated-color.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1859&sid=a1724be833b23618308631fc17272302

I need to make it clear that I'm a big fan of CEDP, their software is superb and I've used it for many years. If you can get DDC to work it probably beats most other calibrators on the market, at least the third party ones.

As for Dell, I'm not such a big fan, as you probably noticed...

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19526218.aspx
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 06:26:29 pm by D Fosse »

WombatHorror

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 04:57:18 am »

CEDP is a great software which I used to use it for my last job with an Eizo CG monitor.
Now I want to purchase the Dell U2713H which has a hardware LUT.
But this monitor LUT can "only" be accessed by it's own software which co-written with X-Rite and it only runs on Windows system.

I went on to CEDP website and their newest 1.6 version support some Dell monitor over DDC.
But they never said which specific model they do support.
Maybe i missed something? I'm not sure

So does anyone have successfully calibrate the Dell monitor via DDC with CEDP?

Thanks
Aaron

I suppose I can test it on my Dell UP2414Q and see what happens.

aaronchan

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 01:08:42 pm »

I suppose I can test it on my Dell UP2414Q and see what happens.

Waiting for your good news! [finger crossing]
Pages: [1]   Go Up