Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ACR beta warning, also cannot install RC 8.4  (Read 6229 times)

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
ACR beta warning, also cannot install RC 8.4
« on: March 25, 2014, 01:50:27 pm »

I’ve been searching the adobe forums for while now, with a few people asking the same questions I have and no one really offering any answers.  In desperation before I uninstall everything Adobe and use the cleaner tool (something I’ve had to do once already because the Adobe Creative Cloud app had major issues) I thought I would ask here on the off chance of someone having an idea I haven’t seen or thought about.

I have two issues. The first one is every day when I start PS on my laptop, I get a warning that I’m using a beta version of ACR which expired Dec 2012.  If I do about Camera Raw in Photoshop it tells me I’m running 8.3.013 - I don’t believe this is a beta.  Both Photoshop and Creative Cloud application manager tell me everything is up to date.  I have searched my computer and can find no traces of ACR 8.3 RC anywhere.  Any thoughts?

The other problem (which may be related, not sure) is if I try to install the ACR 8.4 RC for CC, the installer tells me “Update Failed. Updates could not be applied. This patch is not applicable to you.

My first thought was the installer was seeing PS CS6, but it’s no longer on my machine.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  I’ll probably do the entire uninstall thing tonight unless someone has any ideas on what might be going on.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: ACR beta warning, also cannot install RC 8.4
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 03:27:47 pm »

Somewhere, your installer log (the log that Adobe apps use to keep track of installed updates) has gotten hosed...not sure how or why but I do know that in the past I've had issues due to beta versions as well as RC versions. Once that happens there are two things you can do...a wipe + reinstall or burrow into the installer file (open package and dig down into the contents) and grab the actual ACR plug-in. You won't get the camera and lens profiles, but those can get installed if you install the DNG Converter.

Best practice is of course to un-install/reinstall.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 01:03:27 am »

Makes sense. 

Since my new MacBook Pro just arrived, I decided it would be easier to just start from scratch rather than do the uninstall/reinstall thing on my old laptop first before migrating over , so I only migrated my user data over, and reinstalled all my apps fresh, including CC apps.  Really doesn't take long anymore, and that solved both problems.  finally can check out some of the new features of acr 8.4

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 01:57:10 am »

Wayne,

Glad that worked out...I don't know why or how the Adobe Updater log file get's hosed but once it's hosed, only a fresh install can fix it. Unlike most people (who are not testing unreleased betas) I really don't suggest the approach of burrowing into the installer (not, Adobe has made it really hard to find the full installer) so the best practice is to do a full install either after an uninstall/reinstall or a fresh install from scratch.

Pages: [1]   Go Up