Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Schneider Phase One 2X Teleconverter  (Read 2256 times)

Smoothjazz

Schneider Phase One 2X Teleconverter
« on: March 25, 2014, 11:51:07 am »

I was curious to know if anyone has any experience with the Schneider 2X Teleconverter?
I am considering one to use with my 150mm Phase one lens, effectively converting it to a 300mm lens.
This would be a handy telephoto lens to use at times, but I have not seen any reviews of the teleconverter yet.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Re: Schneider Phase One 2X Teleconverter
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 12:16:54 pm »

I was curious to know if anyone has any experience with the Schneider 2X Teleconverter?
I am considering one to use with my 150mm Phase one lens, effectively converting it to a 300mm lens.
This would be a handy telephoto lens to use at times, but I have not seen any reviews of the teleconverter yet.

We tested ours and found the optics, size/weight to both be big pros. The lack of autofocus is a fairly big bummer. But for tripod based static subject matter shooting work the focus-confirmation was an adequate substitute.

As expected the biggest challenge to getting sharp images was not the optics, but getting sufficient tripod support and vibration-reduction to a sufficient level. This was especially true of making the 240mm into a 480mm.

If at all possible if suggest working with a dealer that will rent you one to try before you commit to the purchase.

Smoothjazz

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 02:04:42 pm »

The rental is a good idea, I will call to set it up!!

Christopher Arnoldi

• http://www.arnoldi-design.com
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 02:18:27 pm »

I tested the Schneider 2X Teleconverter with 150 mm Schneider Kreuznach lens with my IQ160. I found out that it is a very good combination with very good sharpness.

The best is that it works with the Mamiya 4,5/300 lens, too. And the quality is not too bad. But I'm not sure if a Nikon D800 with a 400 mm lens isn't the better choise.
Pages: [1]   Go Up