Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EPSON 9890 INK RANT  (Read 2824 times)

Darron Chadwick

• Chadwick Studios
EPSON 9890 INK RANT
« on: March 24, 2014, 11:55:43 pm »

I have a Epson 9890 I love it I use inkjet mall for inks and cartridges. I was installing one on the new inkjet mall cartridges after My printer stated my 350oem cartridge was empty. I was curious if it truly was empty I took my little syringe from inkjetmall and decided to try and remove any left over ink ARGGGGGG there was over 50ml in that supposedly empty Cartridge Really that a lot of ink Blast you EPSON
just my rant for the day

also any one know of a way to refill 9890 OEM cartridges

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: EPSON 9890 INK RANT
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 12:49:24 am »

I have a Epson 9890 I love it I use inkjet mall for inks and cartridges.

Let me get this straight...are you using Epson or 3rd party inks?

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 04:29:41 pm »

I don’t see any 3rd party inks on the inkjetart.com site ... so I assume you are referring to original epson cartridges.

Did you wait until the printer stopped and prompted you to replace in ink cartridge or did you replace it because it said it was low?  It will say 0% or 1% well before it is empty, normally with 10% to 15% left in the tank.  But you can keep printing until the printer literally stops and makes you replace the ink cartridge.  I think Epson did this intentionally so fewer customers get caught without a spare. 

from the manual ...

When the red  Ink Check light is flashing and INK LOW appears on the LCD screen, the indicated cartridge is almost expended. Make sure you have a replacement cartridge. When the light stays on and REPLACE INK CARTRIDGE is displayed, the cartridge is expended. You must replace the cartridge before you can continue printing.

Farmer

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 04:40:11 pm »

Also, the cartridges are designed to have ink left in them so you never run truly dry.  It's not how much is left, it's how much you used before that point is reached.
Phil Brown

Randy Carone

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 06:00:38 pm »

Weigh your cartridges (in grams) before you install it and write the weight on the cart with a Sharpie. When the printer STOPS, replace the cart and weigh it. That will give you a very good idea how many mls of ink you used since 1 gram is close enough to 1 ml of ink.
Randy Carone

KeithR

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 06:23:06 pm »

I don’t see any 3rd party inks on the inkjetart.com site ...
The OP mentioned INKJETMALL not inkjetart. Two different websites. Inkjetmall.com is Jon Cone's website for Piezography & ConeColor Pro inks.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 01:35:28 am »

The OP mentioned INKJETMALL not inkjetart. Two different websites. Inkjetmall.com is Jon Cone's website for Piezography & ConeColor Pro inks.

sry, my bad there.  But if using 3rd party cartridges the thread title is perhaps poorly worded, since his issue would be with the maker of the inks, nothing to do with the 9890 or Epson.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 07:02:17 pm by Wayne Fox »

KeithR

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 06:00:37 pm »

OP was poorly written IMHO. After rereading it, my take was the he was complaining about the fact that after the OEM carts read empty, he replaced them with IJM carts & ink. He then decided to see how much was left in the OEM carts and didn't like the fact that there was 50ml left in the OEM cart, That was what the rant was about. Hence the title: EPSON 9890 INK RANT.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

HKYcountry

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 11:43:45 pm »

OP was poorly written IMHO. After rereading it, my take was the he was complaining about the fact that after the OEM carts read empty, he replaced them with IJM carts & ink. He then decided to see how much was left in the OEM carts and didn't like the fact that there was 50ml left in the OEM cart, That was what the rant was about. Hence the title: EPSON 9890 INK RANT.

That's how I interpreted it as well. It would be helpful if he clarified whether or not he received the "low" ink warning or if the printer was at the point where it wouldn't print unless a new cartridge was installed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up