Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pro 100 prints too dark  (Read 14037 times)

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Pro 100 prints too dark
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2014, 09:17:56 pm »

Ilford did a fine art printing webinar the first of the year, using a Eizo wide gamut monitor, and they mentioned that soft proofing didn't really work well. Unfortunately Ilford went bankrupt, so I doubt the webinar is still available

Hum...well, Ilford is wrong...soft proofing works really well if you know how to do it. Besides, not sure I would give much credence to a company that ain't around anymore, ya know what I mean?

KatManDEW

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2014, 09:37:44 pm »

The situation has definitely changed since I installed the v1.1 firmware. Still have some things to try, but things have improved, on all counts.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2014, 10:44:28 am »

Ilford did a fine art printing webinar the first of the year, using a Eizo wide gamut monitor, and they mentioned that soft proofing didn't really work well. Unfortunately Ilford went bankrupt, so I doubt the webinar is still available
Good because it's wrong, so not so unfortunate in that respect.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

TonyW

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2014, 01:09:42 pm »

The situation has definitely changed since I installed the v1.1 firmware. Still have some things to try, but things have improved, on all counts.
Good to hear that things have improved since you made changes and what a shame that an Ilford employee put out such poor information - soft proofing is such a boon to working accurately (and saving time, money and frustration) and the inclusion in LR later versions a great step forward

KatManDEW

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2014, 01:27:13 pm »

Good to hear that things have improved since you made changes and what a shame that an Ilford employee put out such poor information - soft proofing is such a boon to working accurately (and saving time, money and frustration) and the inclusion in LR later versions a great step forward

I played with it some more last night and I think the firmware update really did help. I also played with soft proofing in LR last night. I never really tried it seriously in LR before, partially because I've just never had a problem with any of my iPF6300 prints, and partially because the last time I looked at soft proofing seriously was a few years ago, before I started using Lightroom. Soft proofing raw in Lightroom seems like it will be better, and I like the way Lightroom allows making "proof copies".

Thanks to everyone who provided valuable feedback. You are all too kind.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up