Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom CC  (Read 1832 times)

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Lightroom CC
« on: March 21, 2014, 07:14:09 pm »

Noticed today for the first time the use of the term Lightroom CC. Not Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5.3 (their current we're going to keep extending this 'special offer' forever package) but Lightroom CC. Tom Hogarty once said LR would remain available standalone, but this is what happened with Photoshop... CS5, CS6... No sorry, you can no longer buy PS you can only rent it.

I understand the pros and cons of each model and choose not to go that way. Others are welcome to decide differently. If LR becomes CC only I'll move to Capture 1 and I've been with LR since 1 Beta. It would be too bad...

@AdobeNordic
 Learn how to print your photos using @Lightroom CC in this tutorial: adobe.ly/1hOr4t2

On the other hand, it may have just been a typo...  ;D

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Lightroom CC
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 10:51:44 pm »

On the other hand, it may have just been a typo...  ;D

You are speculating on incomplete information...but you'll just have to wait to find out what it means. Anybody who knows can't say and anybody who does, doesn't know.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 02:21:37 am »

We've been the CC question into the ground enough times around here - not trying to hype people up, just thinking out loud.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 02:24:18 am »

So wait till Adobe makes an announcement...there are reasons why Adobe prepositions certain branding but you are reading tea leaves until you get the full story.

PhotoEcosse

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 06:19:05 am »

One doesn't need the ability to read tea leaves to predict that, in terms of a business model, the time may come when Adobe will decide to gear future development to their predominant customer base. If most of their income comes from customers who have chosen (OK - I know some may comment on the word "chosen") the CC route, then it is in the CC route that we will see the main development thrust.

I hope that they will make improvements to Lightroom spawned in CC available, also, as upgrades to the perpetual licence model.
"Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol."
Alternatively, "Life begins at the far end of your comfort zone."
Pages: [1]   Go Up