Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lenswork Monograph  (Read 1871 times)

George Barr

Lenswork Monograph
« on: March 20, 2014, 12:12:48 pm »

Michael:

saw the cover image for the new Lenswork Monograph # 3, absolutely gorgeous - found it was a book - had to have it - then realized it was for Lenswork and I'm already a subscriber to the monograph series and I'm going to be getting it in due time - incredible. Your work in Mexico has to be some of the strongest use of colour, shape and composition seen in a while. It feels like a cross between the intensity of Pete Turner and the more subtle Jay Maisel and deserves to be in print.

Congratulations, and thank you.

For those who have not yet subscribed to the monograph series - let me highly recommend it - my #2 just arrived - Stu Levy - the usual superb Lenswork printing but larger while still comfortable in the hand. Lovely photographs. That Brooks is thinking outside the box by including colour and less treaditional subject matter and approach is exciting and bodes well for the series. A must have.

George

PierreVandevenne

• http://www.datarescue.com/life
Re: Lenswork Monograph
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 04:06:36 pm »

Yes, geometry, color, figurative yet abstract. A gorgeous shot.

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 05:23:32 pm »

Especially the candy wrapper pointe at the bottom.
Congratulations !
Cheers
~Chris

michael

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 06:48:28 pm »

Thanks for noticing the candy wrapper. That's why I took the shot!

Michael

Ps: It's nicely visible in a large print, but regrettably at web page size isn't that noticeable.

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 11:50:03 pm »

Michael, I noticed it at first glance. As a mexican photographer I'm used to look for this kind of thrash before I hit the shutter. In the film days it was paramount to scan the scene first, especially when shooting big chromes. When doing commercial, if necessary, I used to do some cleansing chores before-hand. Digital made it easier for me as I can clone out anything. Unfortunately, after Nafta, all kind of processed foods and "convenience" stores became ridiculously popular even in the most remote of areas. Sadly, this is a very big problem in my under-educated beautiful photogenic country. The population gained an average of 20 pounds. We are the champion consumers of bottled sugar soda drinks in the world (a fact).

Your decision to leave the candy wrapper was a good choice as a composition element and give it a scent of photojournalism. Congratulations for both editorial projects becoming realities.
Keep it like this!

Eduardo

Thanks for noticing the candy wrapper. That's why I took the shot!

Michael

Ps: It's nicely visible in a large print, but regrettably at web page size isn't that noticeable.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 12:00:32 am by uaiomex »

darr

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 07:28:58 am »

Michael:

saw the cover image for the new Lenswork Monograph # 3, absolutely gorgeous - found it was a book - had to have it - then realized it was for Lenswork and I'm already a subscriber to the monograph series and I'm going to be getting it in due time - incredible. Your work in Mexico has to be some of the strongest use of colour, shape and composition seen in a while. It feels like a cross between the intensity of Pete Turner and the more subtle Jay Maisel and deserves to be in print.

Congratulations, and thank you.

For those who have not yet subscribed to the monograph series - let me highly recommend it - my #2 just arrived - Stu Levy - the usual superb Lenswork printing but larger while still comfortable in the hand. Lovely photographs. That Brooks is thinking outside the box by including colour and less treaditional subject matter and approach is exciting and bodes well for the series. A must have.

George

+1

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 07:49:55 am »

Michael, all we need now is your autobiography to accompany the "Michael Reichmann – A 20 Year Photography Retrospective" and your Lenswork Monograph.

Are there any plans for such a book?

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up