Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 9890 behaving strangely - HELP  (Read 1102 times)

andy sl

Epson 9890 behaving strangely - HELP
« on: March 20, 2014, 08:57:31 am »

Hardware:
Epson 9890 (on LAN via gigabit switch)
Epson 7880 (not currently plugged in)
2013 MacPro
using Photoshop CS4 and CS6

We recently upgraded to a 2013 MacPro.

We had the 9890 and a 7880 hooked up via USB and both were printing ok. We networked them via a gigabit switch, and both were ok for a few prints. The 9890 then printed a blank page, which it then cut to the right size but didn't print anything. Then again..

I then printed on the 7880, and after a few prints the same thing happened on the 7880.

I reset the printing system on the Mac (erased all printers) and reinstalled them. I then had only the 9890 installed and plugged into the switch, and it printed a few prints fine, then a blank page again. This was all last week.

3 days ago, after resetting the printing system twice, I had the 9890 working ok hooked up via the network.
It had no use yesertday.
Today I come to print, and blank pages again. It did manage to print something, a .5 x 2" strip somewhere on the page (which was cut to the right size). This seems to be part of the print, but only 1 small rectangular section.

I am trying to print from both CS4 and CS6.

I have networked a few large format epson's before and no trouble between them, but this is really getting to me.

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: Epson 9890 behaving strangely - HELP
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 07:46:48 pm »

Sorry, just not enough info to really offer any suggestions, other than the symptom you described is almost always a problem when transposing the width and height when you create a custom paper size.  Often people create a paper size which is the width of a landscape print they want to make, rather than the width of the paper that is in the printer.

You didn't mention anything about creating custom paper sizes, so the only reason I mention it is the off chance that you did this step in the process of printing out something, as it will pretty much always result in what you describe, either a blank or nearly blank piece of paper often with a very small section printed somewhere on the page.
Pages: [1]   Go Up