Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hot keys  (Read 1740 times)

David Jilek

Hot keys
« on: March 18, 2014, 09:21:06 am »

Is there anything within Lightroom to set up hot keys? I have a client coming up that will have a huge amount work to be processed. Main, inset 1, inset 2 etc. I would love to be able to hit one key and be done. Also can lightroom scan barcodes? I'm looking at the possibility of 95k products to shoot over the next year.

Thank you
David

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Re: Hot keys
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 09:49:21 am »

If you're using a Mac, you can probably use AppleScript's GUI scripting to accomplish much of what you might want to do. I don't think LR has any understanding of bar codes.

Jeremy

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 10:24:56 am »

Describe in more detail the work you want to make more efficient. "Main, inset 1... " doesn't give us a lot to go on.

David Jilek

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 11:09:53 am »

I will be shooting for a online parts catalog. So the main shot will be a 3/4 shot. Inset one will be front facing. Inset 2 will be left facing etc. All shot on white. Instead of hitting F2 and renaming manually. I would like to be able to scan the bar code and then just hit a hot key to process as a main or a chosen inset. S
  o product comes to the set. I scan the barcode. Shoot it hit F1 to process my main then turn the product for the front facing shot. Shoot that version and hit F2 for inset 1. Turn the product again shoot it and hit F3 for the next inset.
  I need to be quick about this. maybe five min per product. I will already have a processing profile loaded I just need to speed up the prcessing to allow for faster shooting.
Thanks
David

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 11:19:00 am »

And what will "inset 1" etc be??? Is it going to become a file that was exported from LR? Or is it a cell in a print output from Print? Anyway, there's no such thing as a hot key.

David Jilek

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 11:27:58 am »

All images will be exported from lightroom and loaded on to a server. Nothing is being printed this is for web only.

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 12:02:40 pm »

Not quite what you are after, but may be useful for other reasons.
LR Midi controller
But the benefit of a configurable midi controller is that you can set it up as you want.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 12:14:31 pm by jjj »
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

David Jilek

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 01:57:44 pm »

That's getting someplace. Thank you for sharing. I bet I could do something with that one.

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 04:16:30 pm »

There's also Paddy
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele
Pages: [1]   Go Up