Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Posting problem  (Read 1852 times)

Jonathan Cross

Posting problem
« on: March 18, 2014, 04:45:55 am »

Hi,

This probably should go as an e-mail to LULA, but I cannot seem to send one.  Whenever I click on one of the contact by e-mail buttons, nothing happens, so I am having to resort to this.

I have had a problem with my last 2 posts.  After composing and previewing, I have clicked post, and immediately a screen message has appeared saying 'This page cannot be displayed - there may be a server problem.'  As I do not get this with any other website, I assume this is not a problem with my internet server.  After a while the first post did appear on the forum, but with my second, only the first couple of sentences have appeared.  How can I get this resolved so that I can post properly?

I hope that this gets through.

Jonathan Cross
Jonathan in UK

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Re: Posting problem
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 06:24:17 am »

I have alerted Mark Guertin who will assist later today.

Chris

mguertin

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 08:42:48 am »

Hi,

This probably should go as an e-mail to LULA, but I cannot seem to send one.  Whenever I click on one of the contact by e-mail buttons, nothing happens, so I am having to resort to this.

I have had a problem with my last 2 posts.  After composing and previewing, I have clicked post, and immediately a screen message has appeared saying 'This page cannot be displayed - there may be a server problem.'  As I do not get this with any other website, I assume this is not a problem with my internet server.  After a while the first post did appear on the forum, but with my second, only the first couple of sentences have appeared.  How can I get this resolved so that I can post properly?

I hope that this gets through.

Jonathan Cross

Hi Jonathan

On a quick look at the logs I don't see any errors or anything similar.  Is it possible that your posts are timing out?  If you can try looking up how to clear your cache and your luminous-landscape cookies and try again I suspect it will resolve the problem.  Also if you could point me at the problem post (the one you said only partially showed up) it would be helpful.

Mark

Jonathan Cross

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 09:00:17 am »

Hi Mark,

The posting that only has the first bit in view is in the Camera Industry in the Dumpster thread, page 2, reply #26, March 17th, 2014, 04:11:59am (I am in the UK, hence the time difference).

Best wishes,

Jonathan

Jonathan in UK

mguertin

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 09:18:31 am »

I can't see anything wrong on our end of things with that post (aside from the obvious that it's missing bits).  Given the timing it's possible that you posted at exactly the time when the forums are running the nightly maintenance (which takes approx 1-2 min), so it might have truncated that response.  If you have further issues please let me know.

Jonathan Cross

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 09:31:07 am »

Thanks Mark,

My posts in this thread got though OK, so I hope it was just a temporary hiccup.

Jonathan

Jonathan in UK

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 10:44:59 am »

I have found the same thing happening in Internet Explorer 11 on a PC. The work-around that I found was always to click on "Preview" and wait a couple of seconds before clicking on "Post."

This doesn't seem to happen on other browsers I have tried (Firefox, Chrome or Opera). It does seem like some kind of timeout in IE, but I have no idea how to fix it.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

mguertin

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 11:58:41 am »

I have found the same thing happening in Internet Explorer 11 on a PC. The work-around that I found was always to click on "Preview" and wait a couple of seconds before clicking on "Post."

This doesn't seem to happen on other browsers I have tried (Firefox, Chrome or Opera). It does seem like some kind of timeout in IE, but I have no idea how to fix it.

That's interesting Eric, thanks for reporting this.  I'll keep this in mind if others are having issues and I will try and reproduce it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up