cjogo

Venice
« on: March 17, 2014, 12:22:56 am »

Italy iron work >  at the docks

Steve Weldon

• Bangkok Images
Re: Venice
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 01:57:29 am »

Nice.  Normally I'd say a bit heavy on the contrast but for this image it works.

Another five minutes well spent..  :D

I hope you don't take this wrong, but many of the images you've recently shared have been previous works from  years past?   Did you re-process them, or leave as they were back then?

For me, I find one of two things happen:

1.  The monitor I was using 10-15 years ago did not profile nearly as well as my current monitors so what I thought I was seeing.. I wasn't.   Heck, and I let people see those images and all the while my color/contrast/illumination was off..

2.   10-15 years ago my processing skills were not as well refined, not was my style as well defined, and software has greatly improved.. so I can make a much better image from even a 10-15 year old file using my more current software/skills/style/profiled monitor..

You?
----------------------------------------------
http://www.BangkokImages.com

cjogo

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 02:18:59 am »

Nice.  Normally I'd say a bit heavy on the contrast but for this image it works.

Another five minutes well spent..  :D

I hope you don't take this wrong, but many of the images you've recently shared have been previous works from  years past?   Did you re-process them, or leave as they were back then?

For me, I find one of two things happen:

1.  The monitor I was using 10-15 years ago did not profile nearly as well as my current monitors so what I thought I was seeing.. I wasn't.   Heck, and I let people see those images and all the while my color/contrast/illumination was off..

Starting back hope to get through the 70/80's this year ....

2.   10-15 years ago my processing skills were not as well refined, not was my style as well defined, and software has greatly improved.. so I can make a much better image from even a 10-15 year old file using my more current software/skills/style/profiled monitor..

You?
Hi STEVE --- I am rescanning them ... (* real pain -I have like 27 binders > full)   My scanner was better but my skills were not as now ....Still using the same tools CS4 /know how to tweak a little better
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 02:20:38 am by cjogo »

Steve Weldon

• Bangkok Images
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 03:24:57 am »

Hi STEVE --- I am rescanning them ... (* real pain -I have like 27 binders > full)   My scanner was better but my skills were not as now ....Still using the same tools CS4 /know how to tweak a little better

Thank you.    I really appreciate the difference in software for imaging processing from say 10 years ago to today.
----------------------------------------------
http://www.BangkokImages.com

cjogo

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 03:46:41 am »

Don't really use much different tools ...just use them a bit better ,,,, the RAW converter helps alot...  Shadow/Highlights ,,,
Pages: [1]   Go Up