Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Full Screen Mode  (Read 1403 times)

Rendezvous

• Daniel Talbot Photo Blog
Full Screen Mode
« on: March 16, 2014, 06:52:40 pm »

Hello

With LR5 I am having a problem with the full screen mode. Occasionally I want to preview an image full screen. I do so by pressing F. When I press F again to exit the full screen preview, LR5 reverts to a different screen mode, such as menu bar visible and gaps around the program where I can see the desktop. Is anyone else experiencing this?

KarlGohl

Re: Full Screen Mode
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 09:01:46 pm »

Yes, I've had this bug.  I believe it started with 5.2 or perhaps 5.3RC.  I remember being disappointed that it wasn't fixed in the final version of 5.3.

Edit:

Here are some links.  They confirm that this bug first appeared in 5.2.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5794417

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/5_2_update_adds_bug_to_exiting_full_screen_preview_mode

« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 10:07:45 pm by KarlGohl »

aduke

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 09:16:32 pm »

Try shift-f.

Alan

KarlGohl

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 09:28:24 pm »

Try shift-f.

Alan

Not sure of your meaning.  The problem I have is that when I hit F or Esc to exit Full Screen Preview mode, the program often acts as if I had also hit Shift-F a couple of times to change Screen Mode from "Full Screen With Menu Bar" to "Normal" (which shows LR in a window with title bar, borders, etc).  So then I have to hit Shift-F to switch back to "Full Screen With Menu Bar".

BTW: I'm on Mac OSX 10.7.5 (Lion).  I don't know if this happens on other versions or OSX or on Windows.

aduke

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 12:45:26 am »

On my Windows system, LR 5.3, Shift-f cycles through the three screen modes, the f key alternates between full screen and not full screen. Furthermore, if one tries to use the f-key while in full-screen, it works the same as the f-key.

Perhaps the Mac version is different.

Good luck with this

Alan

Rendezvous

• Daniel Talbot Photo Blog
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 04:38:11 pm »

Thanks everyone.

I have other random issues with keyboard shortcuts too. Most of them only intermittent, such as if I'm in develop module and press the backslash key to toggle between before and after, I sometimes get a popup window asking me to confirm I wish to delete the image. The same happens with other keys at times as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up