Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good and blurry print, same image different papers  (Read 536 times)

ned

Good and blurry print, same image different papers
« on: March 14, 2014, 12:31:21 pm »

Using a 3800 and Qimage Ultimate which has worked well for years..

A test print of an image yesterday on Ilford Gold cotton smooth came out nice and sharp as expected except for my mistake using the wrong printer profile. (Canson Infinity - Baryta Photographique was selected)  I reprinted with the Canson and the resulting image had a slight but visible blur. Kind of like the printer was bumped while printing...I tried another paper, Ilford gold cotton smooth with the same result. Need and idea of where to look here. I've printed with all of these papers before and never ran into this issue.

jrsforums

Re: Good and blurry print, same image different papers
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 01:06:39 pm »

Using a 3800 and Qimage Ultimate which has worked well for years..

A test print of an image yesterday on Ilford Gold cotton smooth came out nice and sharp as expected except for my mistake using the wrong printer profile. (Canson Infinity - Baryta Photographique was selected)  I reprinted with the Canson and the resulting image had a slight but visible blur. Kind of like the printer was bumped while printing...I tried another paper, Ilford gold cotton smooth with the same result. Need and idea of where to look here. I've printed with all of these papers before and never ran into this issue.

First thing I would try is to replicate the first print with the wrong profile.  If it is still blurry, it might mean a head alignment is needed.

Profile change should not cause blurry printing, as far as I know.  I assume you used the same media selection.  You may want to check that as Qimage will remember and change the media based on the profile....which could cause more or less ink being laid down, depending.

John
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up