Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: H5D-40 vs IQ140/Credo40  (Read 15439 times)

JV

Re: H5D-40 vs IQ140/Credo40
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2014, 09:42:13 am »

It is not a bypass, regardless of what any dealer says - it is an official policy by Hasselblad USA that the H4X is now a product that can be ordered stand-alone - there is no trade in required any longer.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration

Steve,

Is it indeed limited in time as mentioned on the Hasselblad website?

Thanks, Joris.

synn

• My fine art portfolio
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2014, 09:48:42 am »

It is good to see that Hasselblad has made the right call on the H4X.
There are lots of people out there who love the H system's ergonomics and features, but would love some more choice for the backs. Hell, if I know my choices would have been a lot harder if this were possible back when I was in the market for an MF system!
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2014, 11:59:46 am »

Steve,

Is it indeed limited in time as mentioned on the Hasselblad website?

Thanks, Joris.

In the USA at least - I have only been told this is standard. Whether they put an expiration at some point is not known to me.

Joris, can you show me the link where you see this?
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

Chris Livsey

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2014, 12:41:23 pm »

UK site: only under "promotions" tab NOT under "products" tab.

Time Limited Special Offer:

Purchase the H4X now WITHOUT the trade-in.
Offer is valid while stocks last. All prices exclude VAT.

http://www.hasselblad.co.uk/promotions/h4x-.aspx

JV

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2014, 05:54:47 pm »

Thanks all for the input. In the end after playing with everything I really liked the H5 body, but just could not get over my apprehensions about phocus within my own workflow as well as my clients'. So I've gone with an h4x and credo back. I can't wait to get the gear and to start working with it. Both distributors I worked with were very professional and informative as well as being patient. I would feel super confident giving either of them my business but in the end went with the best price/closest location to me. I'll get back after I play a while...

Craig,

Congratulations!  Please keep us posted.

I am very interested to know how that HCD 35-90mm works without Phocus DAC lens corrections using Capture One.

Thanks, Joris.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 06:33:34 pm by JV »

jerome_m

« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2014, 05:57:21 pm »

I am very interested to know how that HCD 35-90mm works without Phocus DAC lens corrections

You can turn lens corrections off in Phocus if you want to test.

Ken R

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2014, 06:09:44 pm »

It is good to see that Hasselblad has made the right call on the H4X.
There are lots of people out there who love the H system's ergonomics and features, but would love some more choice for the backs. Hell, if I know my choices would have been a lot harder if this were possible back when I was in the market for an MF system!

I for one really like my "lowly" H1 w/ the 80mm lens. Works awesome with my IQ160. If the H4X body were less $ I would consider the upgrade right away. Honestly Hasselblad should sell them for cheap. It makes a lot of business sense since the more bodies are in the hands of photographers the more lenses they would most likely sell. Much rather have a camera in the hands of customers than in a box in a warehouse.

JV

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2014, 06:45:09 pm »

In the USA at least - I have only been told this is standard. Whether they put an expiration at some point is not known to me.

Joris, can you show me the link where you see this?

Steve,

You can read it on both these pages:

http://www.hasselbladusa.com/promotions/h4x-questions-and-answers.aspx
http://www.hasselbladusa.com/105466.aspx

Thanks, Joris.

JV

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2014, 07:11:42 pm »

You can turn lens corrections off in Phocus if you want to test.

True.  I just don't have any HCD lenses.  I would need to rent one to try it out.

The lenses I have cover most my needs.  Perhaps the 24mm or the 28mm would be useful.  The latter does have a lens profile in C1 however so that is fully supported.

jerome_m

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2014, 04:39:58 am »

True.  I just don't have any HCD lenses.  I would need to rent one to try it out.

Phocus corrects HC and HCD lenses.

The lenses I have cover most my needs.  Perhaps the 24mm or the 28mm would be useful.  The latter does have a lens profile in C1 however so that is fully supported.

I have the HCD 28. It was one of the first lenses developed with software corrections in mind. It is already excellent before corrections, Phocus mainly corrects distortion on that lens.

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2014, 03:40:32 pm »

Thanks all for the input. In the end after playing with everything I really liked the H5 body, but just could not get over my apprehensions about phocus within my own workflow as well as my clients'. So I've gone with an h4x and credo back. I can't wait to get the gear and to start working with it. Both distributors I worked with were very professional and informative as well as being patient. I would feel super confident giving either of them my business but in the end went with the best price/closest location to me. I'll get back after I play a while...

Congrats Craig and welcome to the family  ;)

Looking forward to seeing some new images soon!

BR

Yair

Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2014, 04:05:34 pm »

Steve,

You can read it on both these pages:

http://www.hasselbladusa.com/promotions/h4x-questions-and-answers.aspx
http://www.hasselbladusa.com/105466.aspx

Thanks, Joris.

Thanks Joris - yeah, I couldn't get any of the promotion links to show up until today for some reason.

So, anyway, for now - no trade in.

Phocus corrects HC and HCD lenses.

I have the HCD 28. It was one of the first lenses developed with software corrections in mind. It is already excellent before corrections, Phocus mainly corrects distortion on that lens.

But it is a critical correction, because there is a significant amount of distortion and Phocus does an excellent job correcting it.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

Ken R

« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2014, 05:17:07 pm »

You are going to love that setup. Congrats.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up