Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Small Quick Release system  (Read 1349 times)

Swizzy

Small Quick Release system
« on: March 12, 2014, 10:02:52 am »

One of the problems I've had after switching to micro 4/3 is finding a QR system that's appropriately sized for these small cameras. The only one I found was the Novaflex Q-mini which was insanely priced. Just recently I was going through my flash accessories and found a Manfrotto 262 foot for mounting off camera flash cords on a bracket. It's basically an aluminum flash sized foot that comes with a 1/4 x 20 screw for mounting. I tried it on my EM5 with an RPS - 3119 accessory shoe mounted on a small ball head and it works just great. What keeps the foot from easily twisting on the camera is the rough sand blasted surface on the Manfrotto piece. Very little tightening of the screw is needed to hold it securely on the camera and it hasn't marred the finish on the camera. There's also no soft pad as is found on most QR plates which almost always causes a bit of positioning creep with long lenses. It's like a miniature Arca Swiss system. The picture shows it attached to my custom made 'L' bracket which did require shortening the mounting screw. I imagine most of you have already found you're own solution, but for those who haven't you may find this useful. Less than $20 for both pieces.
Pages: [1]   Go Up