Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon iPF6300 Hardware Error 03130031-2F52  (Read 10319 times)

Richard Favinger Jr

• Favinger Photography
Canon iPF6300 Hardware Error 03130031-2F52
« on: March 11, 2014, 08:46:22 pm »

Last week I fired up my iPF 6300 and printed one standard office document after a winter hiatus - the printer did it’s expected long cleaning sequences and the provided to print the document with out error or trouble.

About a week later I went to print the same normal office document - the printer had been left ON since last week… It started and right before printing generated the “Hardware Error: 03130031-2F52” asking me to restart the printer. I did, and again the 2F52 error… Now the printer won’t go past basic boot up and displays the Close Lid icon (of course the lid is closed and the printer is clean)… Visual inspection of carriage rail and indicator stip all look clean… No paper jams or any thing obvious.

The printer is a light use, and is about 2 years old… with less then 500sq printed (from what I can remember).. In fact it’s my first official full set of replacement inks!

Is their any thing I can do, besides the quoted $1000 service call from Canon?
Rich

Pete Berry

Re: Canon iPF6300 Hardware Error 03130031-2F52
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 09:42:58 pm »

Last week I fired up my iPF 6300 and printed one standard office document after a winter hiatus - the printer did it’s expected long cleaning sequences and the provided to print the document with out error or trouble.

About a week later I went to print the same normal office document - the printer had been left ON since last week… It started and right before printing generated the “Hardware Error: 03130031-2F52” asking me to restart the printer. I did, and again the 2F52 error… Now the printer won’t go past basic boot up and displays the Close Lid icon (of course the lid is closed and the printer is clean)… Visual inspection of carriage rail and indicator stip all look clean… No paper jams or any thing obvious.

The printer is a light use, and is about 2 years old… with less then 500sq printed (from what I can remember).. In fact it’s my first official full set of replacement inks!

Is their any thing I can do, besides the quoted $1000 service call from Canon?

First, I recommend you post this to the Canon large format WIKI forum, as there have been several similar stories with the "Close lid" message and other error messages, generally ending up with head and other problems if I recall correctly:

http://canonipf.wikispaces.com/page/messages/FAQ

As far as prevention of problems of a wide variety, particularly printhead failures, the worst way you can treat your printer is to use it lightly - very lightly in your case! These are production machines and need to be run regularly to keep the ink flowing and the heads clean, particularly if you are printing graphics/documents rather than photo images. A color-dense image w/ gray scale gradient such as Outback Photo's printer test image at least once a week would be excellent:

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi048/essay.html

Good luck!

Pete

Richard Favinger Jr

• Favinger Photography
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 10:13:36 pm »

Thanks Pete,
Yes I did post in the iPF Wiki...
No, I do not normally use the printer just for documents... But as a sports photographer most of my work is in the summer. So from September to April the printer sits till needed... Yes, I should have printed something... <sigh>  :(
Rich

rvonmayr

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 08:22:52 pm »

Hardware error  03800500-2F52                             03130031-2F52 Carriage PCB of different model installed                       Check carriage unit.
Turn off printer, wait, then turn on again.                                                                                                                 Replace the printhead.

This excerpt is from the 6400 Service Manual.  I am guessing that this means replace both print heads....... :'(
Best Regards,
Robert

Richard Favinger Jr

• Favinger Photography
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 09:56:12 pm »

Yea, I see that as well rvonmayr...
It would be nice if it told me "Replace print head" or some such...
Now the printer won't even go past "Close Lid" which is not open. The printer doesn't even fire up.

I contacted Canon and they are sending a tech on Monday. The tech could't really help me on the phone. And asking the service agent when they are sending the parts... it's two new print heads and carriage unit...
Rich

inHaliburton

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 03:07:28 pm »

rvonmayr, Can you point me to where you got your 6400 Service Manual?

Regards, Paul.

Richard Favinger Jr

• Favinger Photography
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 05:32:18 pm »

The tech left today... Both print heads replaced, and the CPU/control board... After getting about halfway through the head prime cycle it tossed another hardware error... The power supply is set to be replaced Friday...

inHaliburton
Likely found at: http://canonipf.wikispaces.com
Rich

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 08:41:48 pm »

The tech left today... Both print heads replaced, and the CPU/control board... After getting about halfway through the head prime cycle it tossed another hardware error... The power supply is set to be replaced Friday...

Ouch!
~ CB

BrianWJH

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 10:10:37 pm »

Did you have a lightning strike or brown-out to cause that much damage?

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up