Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving Files within Folders  (Read 795 times)

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
Moving Files within Folders
« on: March 08, 2014, 12:02:14 pm »

I have a bunch of photos thrown into one large folder that I would like to organize. In Lr, I created a number of sub folders and started moving the images out of the top folder and into the subfolders. What's weird is that sometimes I can do this, even grabbing a bunch at at time, and they drag and drop just like you would expect. Then this functionality seems to stop - I can select the image, but when I drag it to the sub folder it does not move. Then, without any apparent reason, I get it dragging and dropping again.

Clearly, I am doing something that changes the behavior of Lr, but I can't seem to figure out what it is. What turns on and off the ability to move images between folders?

Update: OK, I figured it out, but I'll post it in case anyone else has this issue.

You can select the image by clicking on the thumbnail anywhere. You can only move the image if you click in the image part of the thumbnail. If you click and drag from the border, the image does not move.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 12:09:09 pm by Remo Nonaz »
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
Re: Moving Files within Folders
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 12:08:02 pm »

Do you have 'Show Photos in subfolders' enabled in library menu?
As that can confuse you if dragging images to a subfolder of the folder you are in.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 03:34:39 pm »

No. I turned that off as it does make moving things very confusing.
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

Johnny_Johnson

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 04:05:42 pm »

I've had problems before and it was simply that I was clicking on the title or subtitle area of the image instead of the image proper.

Later,
Johnny
Pages: [1]   Go Up