Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Social Media  (Read 882 times)

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Social Media
« on: March 08, 2014, 02:16:05 am »

Hi Folks: I have a question for all y'all. I've seen several discussions on social media from a business perspective for professional photographers, but what about inspiration? Do any of you connect with other photographers through social media (other than here, of course)? Do you have any suggestions on other photographers whose work you find inspiring?

Personally I invest almost no time on Facebook, other than to hear from a few family members and a few friends. I do post on Google+, and I have a few photographers I follow there, including John Paul Caponigro, Mike Shaw, Sandra Parlow, Joe McNally and Jeffrey Friedl. On Twitter I don't follow many photographers, but through Feedly I have a few others, including Alpa Cameras, Art Wolfe, Julieanne Kost, Matt Kloskowski and Thom Hogan. One site I really like (although I don't shoot people), is the Humans of New York project: http://www.humansofnewyork.com/

So, how about you?

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Rob C

Re: Social Media
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 04:34:29 am »

I have no connection with anything other than LuLa; no Fbook, none of those things. I don't want to know about them because my life is complicated enough already and the computer sucks too much scarce time as it is.

Rob C

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 01:46:05 pm »

Linkedin could be useful in this regard but in reality is little more than an IT recruitment circus.

Rob C

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 03:13:45 pm »

Linkedin could be useful in this regard but in reality is little more than an IT recruitment circus.

Somebody linked to me, I'm not sure what I did, but I've been pestered by updates ever since.

Rob C

Telecaster

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 03:16:26 pm »

I'm part of a circle of family & friends nearly all addicted to Facebook. I despise the thing myself and do not use it, though I may have to give in a little just to stay in touch with some people. I like Twitter a lot and follow a wide variety of people across the arts & sciences spectrum, including some photographers. Mainly people who enjoy traveling around and recording moments with their cameras or who do the same for a living.

-Dave-
Pages: [1]   Go Up