Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Laser Jet Printer reccomendation for book printing  (Read 759 times)

hacimd

Laser Jet Printer reccomendation for book printing
« on: March 05, 2014, 02:19:44 pm »

Hello, I'm looking for a printer recommendation to replace our Xerox 7760.   For the past few yrs, we've used this printer to support our design and photography courses, creating mock ups for photography books.  We've had it for a few years and it's done an Ok job.  We're looking for something with improved color control, ability to print on different types/sizes of media and front and back printing.  We use Epson printers for exhibition quality printing, but want something closer to laser printer in terms of speed and front and back printing.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
Re: Laser Jet Printer reccomendation for book printing
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 04:56:41 pm »

Hello, I'm looking for a printer recommendation to replace our Xerox 7760.   For the past few yrs, we've used this printer to support our design and photography courses, creating mock ups for photography books.  We've had it for a few years and it's done an Ok job.  We're looking for something with improved color control, ability to print on different types/sizes of media and front and back printing.  We use Epson printers for exhibition quality printing, but want something closer to laser printer in terms of speed and front and back printing.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you

I had Phaser 7760, now I have DC252 + external EFI Fiery controller - there's a giant difference in all respects. The running cost is few times lower, quality is in a different league, it's superfast, prints on very heavy card stock with ease, and can print on 330x488mm format. With a RIP you can make recalibration of various paper types, create custom CMYK or devicelink profiles. There are also nice optional finishers, and oversized paper banks. So if you only can afford it, consider Xerox 550/560 or some similar Konica-Minolta Bizhub Pro, even from second hand.
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

hacimd

Re: Laser Jet Printer reccomendation for book printing
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 01:32:33 pm »

thank you very much for the response!
Pages: [1]   Go Up