Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Horse & Rider #3  (Read 4495 times)

Rob C

Re: Horse & Rider #3
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2014, 03:15:38 am »

It's part of an incredible series of impressionistic images taken recently at a a bull fight. But the last time I posted a bull fight image here, about 10 years ago, I received countless aggressive emails from the anti-bullfight crowd, and so I am likely not going to publish them here, or do an article, which I had considered, on how to do this type of shooting.

To many crazies out there.

Michael

Ps...Note to crazies. I personally hate bull fighting. But I find photographing them to be fascinating. I also recognize that it's an intrinsic part of Mexican culture, which neither I nor anyone from outside the country will likely ever change.

Michael, if you have the images, then you may as well stand by them and produce. I hate the 'fights' too.(Fights? What fights? It's one dumb, cloak/cape-chasing poor sod of an animal against all the odds. The real fight would be man and bull and no cloak/cape decoy.) I've never been, and turn away when they appear on bar tv. Interestingly, many of the locals in the bars simply turn their backs to the screen too and enjoy another drink. I'm not sure, because it's a subject I hesitate to broach, what with being the inevitable estranjero and feeling I have no real right to criticise another host culture, but I think what's happening here isn't about morality but simply boredom with it all: seen one - you've seen 'em all. Strangely, the same logic fails to hold with crowd football-watching, which fills bars every time one of the big teams is active.

But obviously you know your public best, and I'm happy to go with that; just hate to miss nice pictures.

;-)

Rob C
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 05:02:23 am by Rob C »

Utah

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2014, 06:09:53 pm »

Take up Ice fishing (just kidding.......)

Rob C

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2014, 03:31:40 am »

Take up Ice fishing (just kidding.......)

That's far too dangerous: you could fall in and drown, or freeze to death before you drown, which might be a small mercy of sorts.

Rob C

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2014, 05:05:10 am »

It's part of an incredible series of impressionistic images taken recently at a a bull fight. But the last time I posted a bull fight image here, about 10 years ago, I received countless aggressive emails from the anti-bullfight crowd, and so I am likely not going to publish them here, or do an article, which I had considered, on how to do this type of shooting.

To many crazies out there.

Michael

Ps...Note to crazies. I personally hate bull fighting. But I find photographing them to be fascinating. I also recognize that it's an intrinsic part of Mexican culture, which neither I nor anyone from outside the country will likely ever change.

My advice: Ignore the crazies!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up