Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad H5D-50C  (Read 8026 times)

Manoli

Hasselblad H5D-50C
« on: March 03, 2014, 01:37:05 pm »

http://www.hasselbladusa.com/products/h-system/h5d-50c.aspx

$27,500 / $30,000 kit
€20,900

retail prices excluding tax

Ken R

Re: Hasselblad H5D-50C
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 02:01:39 pm »

That is correct although it is not available yet.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1034018-REG/hasselblad_h_3013669_h5d_50c_dslr_camera_with.html

(Body/Back Kit with 80mm Lens)

neways

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 02:21:07 pm »

Does this camera have Live View function as the Phase One digital back?

sebastian_kubatz

• http://sebastiankubatz.de
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 02:32:24 pm »

NO!!!

Live Video function in Phocus and Phocus Mobile
source: http://www.hasselbladusa.com/products/h-system/h5d-50c.aspx

henrikfoto

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 03:27:05 pm »

Price :(
Live view :(
Exposure time :(

Ken R

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 04:17:19 pm »

Not much info is available on the H5D-50c but so far it has been said that Live View is NOT available untethered. The IQ250 has excellent live view and wifi. The IQ backs work awesome in the field due to their functionality and the amazing touch screen. A joy to use.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 05:55:39 pm »

Not much info is available on the H5D-50c but so far it has been said that Live View is NOT available untethered. The IQ250 has excellent live view and wifi. The IQ backs work awesome in the field due to their functionality and the amazing touch screen. A joy to use.

Absolutely. All the world's best photographers use IQ backs exclusively. If you don't have an IQ you are not one of them.

Let's not discuss the Hasselblad. What a waste of time to think that anyone other than Phase can make a useful medium format camera back.

Edmund
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 06:20:27 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

synn

• My fine art portfolio
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 06:47:50 pm »

Absolutely. All the world's best photographers use IQ backs exclusively. If you don't have an IQ you are not one of them.

Let's not discuss the Hasselblad. What a waste of time to think that anyone other than Phase can make a useful medium format camera back.

Edmund

Weren't you saying the other day that the world's best photographers all moved from medium format altogether and are shooting Canikon now?

Anyway, ignoring that one cranky post, it's priced just about what I thought it would cost. No surprises there.
One thing though, there's a sample image on the product page and the colors in it looks really nice. Could be after heavy processing; could be that Hassy has managed to get nicer colors out of that sensor than Phase. Will have to wait until they post their samples.

A pity that Hassy doesn't post RAW files, though.
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com

Ken R

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 06:47:55 pm »

Edmund

I use a Hasselblad H1 with my IQ160 and love it. The H5D/H4D integrated Hasselblads are very nice but the screen in the IQ backs is better and the phase backs have more features that are very useful when going untethered. (the IQ2 backs have wifi). I mean, in that price range one might as well be picky. Its not like any of those cameras are cheap. The price of the H5D-50c is very competitive though when compared to the IQ250. I bet Phase will lower the price of the IQ250 a bit once the competition has made their 50MP CMOS MF sensor based cameras available.

Edmund. You very well know most photographers do not exclusively use just one camera. A lot use a huge range of cameras from an iPhone all the way to MF Digital. I for one use the iPhone, ILMC, DSLRs, MFDB with tech camera and SLR (H1).
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 06:57:54 pm by Ken R »

JV

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 07:26:46 pm »

I bet Phase will lower the price of the IQ250 a bit once the competition has made their 50MP CMOS MF sensor based cameras available.

I would not bet my life on it…

It is much more likely that they bring out a new Credo product line with some of the IQ features missing and a lower price tag.

synn

• My fine art portfolio
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 07:28:58 pm »

I would not bet my life on it…

It is much more likely that they bring out a new Credo product line with some of the IQ features missing and a lower price tag.

Yep, this is most probably how it will be.
As a Credo 40 user, I get this feeling that the current offer on the Credo 40 is so that the "Credo 50" can be priced at or slightly higher than the 40's original price (USD 20k for a kit).

JV

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2014, 08:12:35 pm »

Yep, this is most probably how it will be.
As a Credo 40 user, I get this feeling that the current offer on the Credo 40 is so that the "Credo 50" can be priced at or slightly higher than the 40's original price (USD 20k for a kit).

I wonder what the main difference(s) would be though.  I thought that currently it was Sensor+ and with CMOS that would be a thing of the past (at least I think so).

The current offer on the Credo 40 is IMO really good but unfortunately it is only available in M mount...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 08:27:36 pm by JV »

synn

• My fine art portfolio
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 08:30:51 pm »

I wonder what the main difference(s) would be though.  I thought that currently it was Sensor+ and with CMOS that would be a thing of the past (at least I think so).

The current offer on the Credo is IMO really good.  Unfortunately (for non-DF+ shooters) only in M mount...

The usual differences, I guess. Lack of focus mask, different color profiles, no Phase-like investment protection etc.

As for the current Credo offer, while it might not be the most straight forward way to go about it, you could consider getting the kit on offer, requesting a mount swap (USD 3k, I think?) and sell the body+ 80mm lens. Would still be cheaper than the Credo 40 alone in other mounts.  ;D

Josef Isayo

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 08:43:47 pm »

I use a Hasselblad H1 with my IQ160 and love it. The H5D/H4D integrated Hasselblads are very nice but the screen in the IQ backs is better and the phase backs have more features that are very useful when going untethered. (the IQ2 backs have wifi). I mean, in that price range one might as well be picky. Its not like any of those cameras are cheap. The price of the H5D-50c is very competitive though when compared to the IQ250. I bet Phase will lower the price of the IQ250 a bit once the competition has made their 50MP CMOS MF sensor based cameras available.

Edmund. You very well know most photographers do not exclusively use just one camera. A lot use a huge range of cameras from an iPhone all the way to MF Digital. I for one use the iPhone, ILMC, DSLRs, MFDB with tech camera and SLR (H1).

Hey Ken, I'll take a mediocore LCD with no live view over an atrocious camera body (DF+) any day of the week.

Joe Towner

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2014, 08:58:37 pm »

What I find interesting is that there seems to be minimal price difference between the CCD and CMOS version of the Hasselblad.  This is one of those times I wish they'd sell the back without the body, though I'm not sure that a H4D body could provide enough power for the newer backs.

Between the IQ and now Hass now sucking up chips, I wonder what wafer yields are like.
t: @PNWMF

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2014, 09:10:54 pm »

Hey Ken, I'll take a mediocore LCD with no live view over an atrocious camera body (DF+) any day of the week.

I think atrocious is pretty harsh, but if you prefer a Contax body, Hassy 500 series, H4X, or RZ Pro IID you can of course have an IQ250 on any of those. You'd get the Retina touch screen, live view on LCD, and body you prefer all at the same time :).

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2014, 09:22:30 pm »

What I find interesting is that there seems to be minimal price difference between the CCD and CMOS version of the Hasselblad.  This is one of those times I wish they'd sell the back without the body, though I'm not sure that a H4D body could provide enough power for the newer backs.

Between the IQ and now Hass now sucking up chips, I wonder what wafer yields are like.

Probably plenty of space to put profit-making NeX chips around the MF sensor(s) on the wafer.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Josef Isayo

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 11:31:19 pm »

So for $41,000 (H4X & IQ 250) I can have my nice LCD too. What didn't I think of that? ;D

torger

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2014, 03:08:35 am »

A bit saner pricing than Phase One, as we expected. This will still be more than twice than for a Pentax though, but the camera systems are not really comparable when it comes to lenses.

Sareesh Sudhakaran

• The Indie Farm
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2014, 04:59:03 am »

Does anybody know what the video resolution is at 10-15 fps?
Get the Free Comprehensive Guide to Rigging ANY Camera - one guide to rig them all - DSLRs to the Arri Alexa.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up