Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reflection  (Read 941 times)

Richard Pearlman

Reflection
« on: March 01, 2014, 09:29:56 pm »

Comments and critiques are appreciated. I'm a little concerned with the horizon. Does there appear to be a halo?

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
Re: Reflection
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 10:19:33 pm »

Great colours, great light, great composition and no halo 9as far as I can see). How about the "smudge" of something floating in the near foreground? I know it's not, but it seems like a fingerprint on a slide and it is perhaps something that should be eliminated. Some may argue that the foreground on the left doesn't add to the overall impact. The colours reflected in the water are foreground enough, perhaps.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

Richard Pearlman

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 10:03:35 am »

Thank you for your critique. I removed the thing in the foreground. Concerning the gravel in the left foreground, I wish it wasn't there, but my goal was to maximize the reflection and that was a compromise I had to make.

Kerry L

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 08:30:00 pm »

Thank you for your critique. I removed the thing in the foreground. Concerning the gravel in the left foreground, I wish it wasn't there, but my goal was to maximize the reflection and that was a compromise I had to make.

Great colours and I like how the clouds and colours draw the eye into the image.
As for the gravel bar in the left foreground, I would darken it down so that it has the same visual weight as the right front corner.
"Try and let your mind see more than you

Tony Jay

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 04:18:04 am »

Nice image - no halo issues that I could see.

Tony Jay

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 08:13:50 am »

Great colours, no halo.
Pages: [1]   Go Up