Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 6008 multishot question...  (Read 1593 times)

Theodoros

6008 multishot question...
« on: February 26, 2014, 06:12:41 pm »

Does the 6008 lock the mirror up when in 16X MS mode? If it does, does it do so mechanically or is it electronic? …thanks in advance.

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
Re: 6008 multishot question...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 06:37:59 pm »

Yes, the mirror is held up throughout the sequence. With the Ixpress micro step backs its actually two parts - a few initial frames and then another 16.
Rolleiflex USA

Theodoros

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 04:12:04 am »

Yes, the mirror is held up throughout the sequence. With the Ixpress micro step backs its actually two parts - a few initial frames and then another 16.

Yeah, I know… it's 5 "leading" shots before the 16x sequence. Please Eric could you share your experience in lens recommendation for 16x…? Which ones do you consider the sharper (among sharp) and more neutrally balanced in colour as well as complete absence of vignetting (and at what aperture value) among them? To give you an idea of the requirement, 90% of my shots now are made with the Contax/Zeiss 120m Apo at f11 or f8… It's only if available space or if I have to use the Fuji GX680 that I don't use the 120mm with microstep… Your advise is most appreciated, thanks again.

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 12:09:47 pm »

90% of my micro step work is probably now 'scanning' of negatives and 10% art reproduction.  For scanning I use either the 80mm schneider makkro symmar or 90mm apo rodagon lenses fitted to the Rollei m39 behind the lens shutter adapter, or the 90mm Rollei Schneider APO Macro lens.    For art reproduction I try to use either the Rollei 90 again or the Rollei 150mm APO macro (bellows) lens (both Schneider).   The Schneider APO lenses are very neutral with next to zero distortion and are my preference.   I've been very happy with the rollei macro lenses - both are better than the Rollei Zeiss 120mm macro lens and more neutral.
From time to time, I will also use the set up on the X-Act2 and lenses in electronic shutter - mostly APO digitars.

Rolleiflex USA

Theodoros

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 05:04:35 pm »

90% of my micro step work is probably now 'scanning' of negatives and 10% art reproduction.  For scanning I use either the 80mm schneider makkro symmar or 90mm apo rodagon lenses fitted to the Rollei m39 behind the lens shutter adapter, or the 90mm Rollei Schneider APO Macro lens.    For art reproduction I try to use either the Rollei 90 again or the Rollei 150mm APO macro (bellows) lens (both Schneider).   The Schneider APO lenses are very neutral with next to zero distortion and are my preference.   I've been very happy with the rollei macro lenses - both are better than the Rollei Zeiss 120mm macro lens and more neutral.
From time to time, I will also use the set up on the X-Act2 and lenses in electronic shutter - mostly APO digitars.

Hi Eric… The Rollei Zeiss 120m is (about) the same as the Zeiss 120m for Hasselblad ..no? I ask this to get an idea on how better the Schneiders are with respect to Zeiss 120m for Hassy, …this is because I've tried a Hassy version of that lens on my Contax (leaf shutter "open" - Contax adapter) and the dedicated Contax Apo lens was significantly better in comparison (not that the Hassy lens was "poor" - only not as good), …do you think that with the Schneiders Apo 90mm (150mm FL is too much for my needs) I'll be able to equal the Contax 120m Apo quality… Also, what is their best (sharper) aperture? Thanks.

P.S. There is no vignetting after f5.6… is that correct?

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 12:51:47 pm »

I can't really say for sure if the Rollei version is different than the Hasselblad or not.  And as far as that goes, my experience with the Zeiss optics is really limited to the Rollei platforms and though Zeiss made the same focal lengths for Hasselblad and Contax, I have never directly made my own comparisons if one were better than another.   Maybe someone else knows?    I do use the 120mm Zeiss on occasion.  It is a sharp lens indeed (just not as super incredible as the 90mm Schneider makro).  I have read people's posts that the earlier f/5.6 version of this lens might have been better but I've never tested it.   For the Rollei there were several iterations of the 120 and in my experience the PQS version seems to be more resistant to flare which I interpret as better coatings.  It appears that the 120mm zeiss is not neutral across the frequency range - meaning it seems to pronounce the fine details over larger shapes - and I think this yields a different look which might be appealing to some or not depending on personal preference.  As to vignetting, I might be able to get that information for you later as I do have imatest files on it, but can't say off the top of my head.
Rolleiflex USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up