Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9900-Wiper Exchange not working???  (Read 1244 times)

Garnick

9900-Wiper Exchange not working???
« on: February 22, 2014, 11:49:11 pm »

Hello All,

This afternoon I was having quite a problem with clearing the Cyan and Light Cyan channels, so at one point I decided to clean and possibly replace the Wiper assembly.  I've done this in maintenance mode on a few occasions, but today the procedure did NOT work at all.  I tried booting up in maintenance mode twice with the same results.  Got to the maintenance menu>self testing>wiper exchange>sequence> press OK.  NOTHING happening!  I have the most current firmware, version HW129C5,2.1,A000 installed.  Wondering if any of you folks have had the same issue recently.  Although I'm sure I've done this since updating the firmware I can't be absolutely certain about that, so I'm wondering if perhaps Epson disabled the procedure in this version.  But if that's the case why would they leave the path there just as it was previously?     

Gary
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

Farmer

Re: 9900-Wiper Exchange not working???
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 11:56:13 pm »

It's not disabled so far as I am aware.

Have you checked to ensure that there's nothing obstructing?
Phil Brown

Garnick

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 10:16:59 am »

Hi Phil,

Certainly no obstructions that I'm aware of.  Everything else is working as expected except for that feature.  Perhaps when I get in tomorrow it will decide to cooperate again, who knows?  it is a computer after all.  It just took me by surprise that it didn't respond at all, so hopefully I'll find the reason and be able to fix it.  Of course I know about the scenario of pulling the plug just after the head has left the cleaning station in order to do the wiper maintenance, but I've never really been comfortable with that method.  However, if I can't get the "wiper exchange" working I'll have to resort to the plug pull obviously.  One thing I have noticed is that whenever I've checked/cleaned the wiper it has never been completely ink-logged.  Seems that the cleaning station is doing it's job quite well.  I'll keep trying and let you know what's happening, or how I manage a work around if that's necessary.

Gary
Gary N.

Farmer

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 04:24:12 pm »

Although I've never actually seen an issue with the "pull the cord" technique, I'm not a big fan, particularly on the more recent models which have a lot more going on electronically.  I'd be tempted to have ink carts removed before I did it, too.

But I hope you find it's behaving now - that would be better :-)
Phil Brown

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 06:24:24 pm »

You often don't need to pull the cord, just open the door when the printer is starting up and the print head has moved to the left.  Head is free to slide back and forth ...

However, just getting the head out of the way won't let you change the wiper blade, because it isn't exposed.  You need to use the service mode and the maintenance menu exchange wiper procedure.  If you can't get to this procedure review the steps ...

davidh202

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 07:24:19 pm »

Hello All,

This    Got to the maintenance menu self testing wiper exchange>sequence> press OK.  NOTHING happening!  
Gary

Gary
 I think you are forgetting the last stepa little tricky!  there is no arrow when it says "sequence" but you must complete the step by another   right arrow click when in "sequence"  and then hit OK from there!

David
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 07:43:10 pm by davidh202 »

Garnick

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 10:54:27 pm »

Gary
 I think you are forgetting the last stepa little tricky!  there is no arrow when it says "sequence" but you must complete the step by another   right arrow click when in "sequence"  and then hit OK from there!

David

Absolutely correct David, and a BIG thank you for that!  I have an explanatory note on my computer as well as the video from Eric.  In the past I have often referred to the video but this time my note instead.  For some reason I had left that final right arrow click out of the path and gone straight to OK in the note.  Had I referred to the video I would have caught that, but I was in a bind time wise.  Also, I have finally decided to run cleaning cycles in service mode, seems to be much more efficient.  The first CL-1 cycle I ran brought back both of the Cyan channels, great! 

Thanks again for that correction David, much appreciated.

Gary
Gary N.
Pages: [1]   Go Up