Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cataract Falls  (Read 1130 times)

Dave Pluimer

• Dave Pluimer Photography
Cataract Falls
« on: February 22, 2014, 07:53:24 pm »

Combined a trip to take in these falls about an hour outside of Indianapolis. The abrupt warm up and subsequent melt of the snowpack (we've just had that kind of winter) combined with heavy rains meant the falls were running full and hard.

Technically, I was trying to be mindful to (1) make sure to take separate images of the sky for manual blending later and (2) to have a prominent/interesting foreground. I really will appreciate any feedback on these images, and specifically the upper 1/3 of each frame. These were shot in early morning, just after sunrise. What I got back was a dull grey. What I did to bring back some life was some selective brushing with a lower temperate in LR4. Not sure what I think.

Any other feedback is very welcome.

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
Re: Cataract Falls
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 08:11:26 pm »

I just posted a shot of the frozen Cataract falls at kevinraber.com

Kevin
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Dave Pluimer

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 08:15:01 pm »

I just posted a shot of the frozen Cataract falls at kevinraber.com

Kevin

Image topper - sheesh!

Only kidding - great image, there. Was thinking that they would have been impressive a week or 10 days ago when we couldn't buy double-digit temps in our part of the world.

Missed you at PVCC this week Kevin.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 12:00:13 am »

These are too bluish for my tastes, but they work. In both of them, I want to see more of the curvature of the rocks to the right, to get a more envolving surroundings of the water. Perhaps would it be possible to shot a pano?

Dave Pluimer

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 06:14:07 am »

These are too bluish for my tastes, but they work. In both of them, I want to see more of the curvature of the rocks to the right, to get a more envolving surroundings of the water. Perhaps would it be possible to shot a pano?

It is possible regarding the rocks to the right. But, there was a split rail fence that I was trying to avoid brining into the frame as wells as a gathering of unsightly foam from the water being worked over so. Excuses, excuses.

Thanks for the input on the blues. I wondered about that as well and how it would balance with the warmer golds and yellows in the scene.
Pages: [1]   Go Up