found this, regarding firmware update for H2D to use HTS 1.5 and HCD35-90mm.http://www.hasselblad.fr/sav/assistance-technique/firmware-downloads.aspx
readme PDF attached, right down the bottom it has this:
H2D, H3D and H3DII (from 2.1.0):
- Increased the number of profiles from 4 to 8.
- Changed name of the first profile to “Default”. This is always the first choice when entering the profiles menu. The last used profile is indicated with a frame around the name.
- Added 2 and 3 EV as possible Bracketing step.
- New short cut to the Custom Options level in the menu: Press two times on the MENU button.
- Added a custom option to control if a pre-released-mirror always shall return after an exposure or not.
- Added a custom option where AE-lock can be assigned to half press on the shutter release.
- Added a custom option to hide B- and T-mode from the list of shutter speeds.
- Changed the order of user button functions
- If the digital capture unit reports a Busy-state to the camera, the exposure will be made as soon as the digital capture unit is ready again and the shutter release is kept depressed.
Changes in version 081222.hbf:
1. Support for HTS1.5
2. Support for DC Power Grip
3. Support for HCD 35-90 zoom lens
4. AV and TV stored when the camera is turned off and restored at power up (even after battery reset).
B. Functional changes
1. Scale in viewfinder removed when light metering is stopped (due to stop down, mirror up or HTS1.5 not centered).[/size][/size]
From this I take it that an upgraded H2D can take HCD lenses and HTS 1.5, however the HCD24 and HCD28 may
not have enough image circle for the larger sensors typical in these cameras 22, 39.
A later upgrade adds support for the 2900mAh battery Jerome mentioned.