Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem launching CC on new Mac Pro  (Read 1751 times)

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Problem launching CC on new Mac Pro
« on: February 19, 2014, 07:33:16 pm »

Hello team,

Just got my new Mac Pro last night. High spec machine, 8 cores, 64GB RAM and the highest spec graphic card. Neat, a worthy upgrade compared to my previous trashcan.

I used the Apple recommended migration tool to install applications from my former Mac Pro 10.6.8 to the new one running 10.9.1 over the LAN. Smooth migration, took about an hour. Neat.

This is where the problem starts...

Adobe Photoshop CC refuses to launch after migration... but Adobe kindly recommends me to fix this with their update tool and I just assume that some corrections are required for 10.9.1.

Cool, no problemo, so I try to install the Adode update tools... the install fails for unknown reasons, but Adobe kindly recommends me to trouble shoot this with their trouble shooting agent (however it is called).

Cool, no problemo, so I install the trouble shooting agent and it tells me... that everything seems normal.

Adobe Photoshop CS6 runs fine on the machine.

Any idea what I should do next?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Bernard

RobertBW

Re: Problem launching CC on new Mac Pro
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 09:10:32 pm »

Is your old Mac Pro still operational? If so, sign out from the CC on your old Mac Pro. In the meantime uninstall Adobe software on your new Mac Pro, install it again and active, and it should work.

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 09:25:44 pm »

Is your old Mac Pro still operational? If so, sign out from the CC on your old Mac Pro. In the meantime uninstall Adobe software on your new Mac Pro, install it again and active, and it should work.

Yes, the old Mac Pro is still fine.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Cheers,
Bernard

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 03:02:42 am »

Thanks, uninstalling was a but painful but it worked in the end.

Cheers,
Bernard

Manoli

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 04:06:17 am »

Bernard,

(1) FWIW, you don't need to be on the 'active' computer to sign in and out of Adobe CC. As Andrew Rodney recently pointed out in another thread, you can activate/deactivate your CC installations remotely - even from an iPhone.

(2) There are reports that CC and CS6 can exist together on the same machine, but uninstalling creates problems (doesn't uninstall properly). I can't find the links but perhaps safest to keep the two separate.

All best
M

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 06:30:36 am »

Bernard,

(1) FWIW, you don't need to be on the 'active' computer to sign in and out of Adobe CC. As Andrew Rodney recently pointed out in another thread, you can activate/deactivate your CC installations remotely - even from an iPhone.

(2) There are reports that CC and CS6 can exist together on the same machine, but uninstalling creates problems (doesn't uninstall properly). I can't find the links but perhaps safest to keep the two separate.

Thanks, I found an Adobe cleaner utility (dating back CS5.5 it seems) that was able to remove all CC applications cleanly.

Frankly, I don't use CC at all, I don't want to introduce possible backward compatibility problems that could prevent me from opening files in CS6. As long as CS6 works on the OSX I will be using, I'll stick to that. I bought PS CC licenses only because of the excellent deal Adobe was proposing till end of last year. ;)

Cheers,
Bernard

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 06:58:05 am »

... I bought PS CC licenses only because of the excellent deal Adobe was proposing till end of last year. ;)...

Cheers,
Bernard

this excellent deal is now till 31 of March... and extending i guess
it costs 10$ in the US and 12,29 € here in the EU (- that is 16,6$ incl vat or 13,7$ without VAT- so at least 37% more for nothing)
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la
Pages: [1]   Go Up