Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Technique for blowing out an Epson 3880  (Read 897 times)

AFairley

Technique for blowing out an Epson 3880
« on: February 19, 2014, 03:20:09 pm »

I am starting to get some white specks on prints from a fleck of paper or dust being on the surface of the printing paper and being overprinted, leaving a white spot where it had been when if falls of the surface after printing.  I'm thinking I should blow out the printer with some canned air.  Any opinions on how to go about it (just blow through the the print path or open up the top of the printer and blow out along where the cartridges travel or what)?

BrianWJH

Re: Technique for blowing out an Epson 3880
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 04:07:55 pm »

First I use a horse hair brush and gently brush the paper surface to remove any loose particles just before printing, the brush I use is a beekeeping brush.

Haven't used compressed air and probably wouldn't as there are components inside that can be disturbed such as the CR index scale, I've used a vacuum cleaner with a long handled artist brush taped to a length of 8mm clear plastic tubing and attached to a thin vacuum cleaner crevice tool, works for me.

Brian.

Gary Damaskos

Re: Technique for blowing out an Epson 3880
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 09:56:34 am »

Thanks for that link. I miss my compressor - this looks good for in house, even some garage tasks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up