Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing Phase adaptor plate from H1 to Contax  (Read 740 times)

willconnor

Changing Phase adaptor plate from H1 to Contax
« on: February 18, 2014, 12:26:47 pm »

How big a deal is it to change adaptor plates on the IQ?  And expense?  I thought I saw somewhere that Phase dealers will make one switch at no charge for their clients?

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Re: Changing Phase adaptor plate from H1 to Contax
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 12:32:01 pm »

How big a deal is it to change adaptor plates on the IQ?  And expense?  I thought I saw somewhere that Phase dealers will make one switch at no charge for their clients?

It's a unit swap, not a change in plates. You give us a H mount IQ and we give you back a C mount IQ.

With a VA warranty it's free - once.

Without the warranty the cost is typically $3k.

Theodoros

Re: Changing Phase adaptor plate from H1 to Contax
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 12:52:10 pm »

It's a unit swap, not a change in plates. You give us a H mount IQ and we give you back a C mount IQ.

With a VA warranty it's free - once.

Without the warranty the cost is typically $3k.
I've always wondered if it's a drawback for some customers that Phase and Leaf have always had a "unibody" design… It certainly limits one if he decides to change on a different camera or if he uses two camera systems… It also limits the possible customers if one decides to sell his back privately… It also blocks the owner from being able to test a different camera system himself. My opinion is, that It would help MF market in general if all parts of the MF system where compatible with each other… A reason why I (and many others) would never buy a "closed" Hassy H...
Pages: [1]   Go Up