Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: GM1 Review-- What's wrong with bifocals?  (Read 14256 times)

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
Re: GM1 Review-- What's wrong with bifocals?
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2014, 01:32:47 pm »

But you are denying some facts, not opinions, facts. 
Please quote any comment I've made that 'denies facts'

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
Re: GM1 Review-- What's wrong with bifocals?
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2014, 12:27:57 pm »

Please quote any comment I've made that 'denies facts'

Part of the problem right now is so many newcomers to photography don't appreciate how good optical viewfinders can be, so settle for second rate EVF horrors.
Your opinion, not a fact. For others they are superior in functionality and for everyone who manually focuses fast lenses they are far superior, because modern OVFs cannot focus them accurately.

I also loath eye level electronic viewfinders on still cameras too. They're just nowhere near good enough yet.
Again, in your opinion.
The EVF in the Fuji is also bigger than any DSLR optical viewfinder I believe and size really does matter with viewfinders.

Simply put, as you get older your eye muscles loss their ability to pull close subjects into focus. It pretty much happens to everyone eventually.

Simple answer: Good optical viewfinders on cameras.
No the solution is a dioptre adjustment facility on your viewfinder. Because the best viewfinder of any kind is a bit rubbish if you cannot even focus on on it. So to address the specific problem we are talking about, lack of focus accommodation with age and not wanting to wear glasses depends on a viewfinder that can be adjusted to match your close vision. Not whether it is an OVF or an EVF.

You hate EVFs, we get that and I never liked them myself until very recently, but now after having tried the most recent versions, I find my OVFs a bit lacking.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up