Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinar hy6: digital back options, DHW-Fototechnik mount alterations  (Read 5339 times)

Martin Wouterlood

I am narrowing down my options (gradually, since my current life doesn't allow me a lot of free time to devote to a good, deep delve) on choosing an mfd system...two of the available choices to me are a Sinar Hy6 system or an M system. I do like setting up with the waist level finder as well as the rotating back idea of the Hy6 a lot, from my previous time with a basic 'blad configuration in film, and it may swing me away rom the M or the Contax 645 (another of my previous faves).
So I am now looking if there are db options available besides the Sinar eMotions for tripod nature landscape, macro, walkabout and portrait uses. Explaining: does DHW-Fototechnik GmbH that services/makes this camera these days do any back mount alterations to accomodate Leaf or Phase backs, as looking ahead a bit I would like (not sure if I really need, though) to get a larger area sensor than 39mp 36x48mm.
Thank you for any helpful information.
Martin
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 03:06:04 am by arionelli »

Gigi

• some work
Re: Sinar hy6: digital back options, DHW-Fototechnik mount alterations
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 06:33:05 am »

Check out:

http://rolleiflex.us/

There is a section on digital backs for the Hy6. The most current are the Leaf Credo.
Geoff

Martin Wouterlood

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 02:56:45 pm »

Thanks Geoff, seems pretty straightforward.

JV

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 03:07:43 pm »

Digital Transitions recently had a promotion on the Leaf Aptus II 10 and 12 (also in AFi mount):
https://digitaltransitions.com/blog/dt-blog/mamiya-leaf-aptus-ii-promotion

Not sure whether the offer is still valid.  They also had a bundle with the Hy6 included.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 03:25:09 pm by JV »

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 08:25:01 pm »

Thanks Guys,
I'm pretty sure there is only a very limited amount of the AFi-ii 10 and 12's left though I do have an AFi-ii 7 used in my stock now, but haven't listed it yet.    Leaf Credo 60 and 80 backs are of course available.   You may also be able to fit a new Sinar back to the Hy6 first version which are still available new along side the Mod2's. 

Any other questions, just ask!
Eric
Rolleiflex USA

danto

• http://www.brettdanton.com
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 03:25:00 am »

I have a complete HY6 kit for sale with an eMotion 75 back, 80mm, 50mm and 2xbodies for sale if you are interested.

Regards

Theodoros

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 05:51:15 am »

I am narrowing down my options (gradually, since my current life doesn't allow me a lot of free time to devote to a good, deep delve) on choosing an mfd system...two of the available choices to me are a Sinar Hy6 system or an M system. I do like setting up with the waist level finder as well as the rotating back idea of the Hy6 a lot, from my previous time with a basic 'blad configuration in film, and it may swing me away rom the M or the Contax 645 (another of my previous faves).
So I am now looking if there are db options available besides the Sinar eMotions for tripod nature landscape, macro, walkabout and portrait uses. Explaining: does DHW-Fototechnik GmbH that services/makes this camera these days do any back mount alterations to accomodate Leaf or Phase backs, as looking ahead a bit I would like (not sure if I really need, though) to get a larger area sensor than 39mp 36x48mm.
Thank you for any helpful information.
Martin
I believe there is no 39mp sensor available for the HY6 Martin… P1 never supported the system… I think that it's only Leaf that offers Larger area backs for the HY6, but the 33mp sensor works beautifully with it… only that the 40mm WA will only show you as if it was 30mm of 35mm equivalent at the sensors width… With my Contax's 35mm lens things are much wider with sensible price sensors and WLF is great (if only some distortion that one must get used to). Handling is suburb also and using the camera vertically is like with a DSlr… even when on a tripod… Other than that, the HY6 is a superb camera, with beautiful lenses, …yet, I would still prefer the Contax. It seems that reliability is an another issue that one should consider when investing on MF and Contax has proven among the most reliable ones.

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 12:30:39 pm »

Yes, indeed some people love their Contax's, but the Hy6 is a much more modern camera with fantastic lenses and ergonomics plus factory service is available.  Right now if you went with a contax you'd probably have to buy two bodies just in case one goes, but a new Hy6 would be under warranty for two years.

btw -I looked at the contax years back when I moved to medium format - didn't like it myself.  A big part of the MF experience is the big viewfinder and I felt that was lacking with the contax.  I picked one up and shot with it  - unimpressive viewfinder - slow AF - old lenses - 't didn't work for me and frankly I couldn't figure out what others saw in this camera???
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 02:11:42 am by EricWHiss »
Rolleiflex USA

mmbma

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 02:45:48 pm »

Used HY6 digi backs are harder to find than in other mounts. that's about the only downside

Theodoros

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 06:00:28 pm »

Yes, indeed some people love their Contax's, but the Hy6 is a much more modern camera with fantastic lenses and ergonomics plus factory service is available.  Right now if you went with a contax you'd probably have to buy two bodies just in case one goes, but a new Hy6 would be under warranty for two years.

Plus if you want a 35mm for Rollei you might be able to get one now - pm me for information.

btw -I looked at the contax years back when I moved to medium format - didn't like it myself.  A big part of the MF experience is the big viewfinder and I felt that was lacking with the contax.  I picked one up and shot with it  - unimpressive viewfinder - slow AF - old lenses - 't didn't work for me and frankly I couldn't figure out what others saw in this camera???
Taste… it never satisfies them all…  :D Personally I like the 6008 more than the HY6 but I think its strongest point is the quality of the lenses… I don't see why one has to be PM'ed to share information for a 35mm lens that fits Rollei… Is it top secret that can't be shared in public?  :o

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2014, 02:18:53 am »

Yes, I was so happy with my 6008AF that I didn't buy a Hy6 (AFi) right away. The 6008 is still a great camera platform and you are correct the lenses are fantastic - among the best out there and a strong point of the system, but the superb ergonomics and modular design are also very strong points of the platform. I also think the viewfinders are the best as well - particularly the 45 deg prism and lupe finder which a lot of systems don't even have.     The Hy6 uses the same great lenses but has a number of new features, plus does lots of things a little better than the 6008AF, weighs less, and of course has much better integration with the digital backs.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 11:35:08 am by EricWHiss »
Rolleiflex USA

mrwhite

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 01:45:45 pm »

Hi, Wondering if you had a 6x6 film back for the hy6 by chance? Shooting a set of portraits on film and can't see the point of buying another camera just to shoot 6x6.
I have an unused 6x4.5 back and I'm shooting 5-80 yr old boxers from the east end of london and think film & traditional techniques will work better for exhibition. Cheers! Mo

mironovd

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 04:22:26 pm »

Sorry to barge in, but by any chance, Eric, do you happen to have adapter for Sinar Emotion db for Hy6 or know where to find it except ordering from Sinar AG through a local dealer?
Thanks in advance.

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 07:07:35 pm »

Hi, Wondering if you had a 6x6 film back for the hy6 by chance? Shooting a set of portraits on film and can't see the point of buying another camera just to shoot 6x6.
I have an unused 6x4.5 back and I'm shooting 5-80 yr old boxers from the east end of london and think film & traditional techniques will work better for exhibition. Cheers! Mo

Yes,
These are available for order in both dark grey to match the original Hy6 and black to match the Mod2 version.   I have a black one in stock and could order the grey version and have within two weeks. 

http://rolleiflex.us/products/rollei-6x6-6060-film-back-for-hy6-hy6-mod2-black

It might be easier to contact me directly with further questions - info@rolleiflex.us
Regards,
Eric

Rolleiflex USA

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 07:08:45 pm »

Sorry to barge in, but by any chance, Eric, do you happen to have adapter for Sinar Emotion db for Hy6 or know where to find it except ordering from Sinar AG through a local dealer?
Thanks in advance.
I don't have one, sorry.   You might try placing a WTB add here in the buy and sell section?
Rolleiflex USA

fpkphoto

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 06:35:46 pm »

Hi,

I may have the adaptor between emotion and hy6.  Let me know if you are interested. 
email me at fpkphoto@mac.com
thank.

P K

lowep

• http://sites.google.com/site/peterlowefoto/
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2014, 10:14:48 pm »

I do like setting up with the waist level finder as well as the rotating back idea of the Hy6 a lot, from my previous time with a basic 'blad configuration in film, and it may swing me away rom the M or the Contax 645 (another of my previous faves).

what is the difference shooting Contax 645 with WLF and doing the same with a basic blad apart from rotating back and of course there is not as big a clunk when the mirror claps?

Pages: [1]   Go Up