Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1 experience with largeformat printing  (Read 1487 times)

Jantórur Emil Joensen

1 experience with largeformat printing
« on: February 13, 2014, 05:57:08 am »

06/02 i got my canon ipf8400.
It was a struggle to get the machine in the location i wanted her to be, small doors, stairs with 90degreas angle, but we got the machne in place.
The next day i did try to set the machine up.
i have now made some printing and does the quality of the outcome satisfice me.
BUT i have still too figure out how to control the size of the printing, i´m using Lightroom 4, i think there is so many options, and when i press on page setup there are so many options within size control, i have no idea witch one is controlling the size.?
The last days i have printed on canvas, i did buy a framing system  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNivQaFh9QE
I have tried too make the printing too fit those framing system i bought, but so far without succes, so far every time i have been forced to modifie my fixed frames to fit my printing.
I know that the soloution to this is right in front of me, but i havent found it yet.?
Is there somewhere some real userfriendly guidelines ? :)

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...
Re: 1 experience with largeformat printing
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 06:03:40 am »

What exactly happens?
The papersize in the printer driver must match the size you use in Lightroom or you get mismatches.
Could you describe the problem a bit more specific, detailed?
Cheers
~Chris

Jantórur Emil Joensen

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 06:55:04 am »

I have some diffeculty in explaning my beginner problems. i did try to attach a file in witch i have screen cap some on the possible settings.
In Lightroom on the right side i can choose

Single image/Contact sheet = is that ONLY to use with sheet(not rolls) ?

Picture Package and custom package, id did try to put 2 pic side by side to optimize the use of the roll, but it came out printing one pictuer first and the next after= lot of unused canvas by the sides.

As seen on the file i did uppload theres are several places where to chose the size, but witch one is the one that counts, the one with the final decission.
I hope this make sence to you ? :)

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 08:28:35 am »

I'm still trying figure out what your problem is, but in any case I'd suggest this here as a primer:

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/getting-started-with-adobe-photoshop-lightroom-4/lightroom-4-print-the-perfect-image/

Printing on roll paper requires you to set a paper size - Lightroom is not automagically choosing a paper size for you and cut accordingly - you have to set a size (width x height) it in the printer driver.

Cheers
~Chris

Jantórur Emil Joensen

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 09:17:13 am »

Hi Chris.

Thank you for you´r input, i´l have a look at that link you put up there.

Jantórur Emil Joensen

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 06:37:50 am »

Finaly i think i got it, there were a friend of mine who came by and after 2min in front of Lightroom she showed me how to controll the printing size ;D.

Thank you Chris for that link.  ;D

Jantórur

Pages: [1]   Go Up