Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Timeless and Print Shield from the same HVLP sprayer  (Read 1376 times)

shadowblade

Using Timeless and Print Shield from the same HVLP sprayer
« on: February 12, 2014, 10:19:41 pm »

Is it possible to use both Timeless and Print Shield from the same HVLP sprayer (including hose and nozzle), or would I need a separate assembly for each one, given that Timeless is water-based and Print Shield is solvent-based?

What would be the best solvent to use to clean out the assembly between uses? I'd assume that going from Timeless (gloss) to Timeless (matte), or vice-versa, would be water, since they're both water-based, but what about when switching to or from Print Shield? Ethanol, or methylated spirits, sounds like an obvious choice (being both water-soluble and able to bond with organic solvents), but I thought I'd better check first.

Some Guy

Re: Using Timeless and Print Shield from the same HVLP sprayer
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 01:03:00 am »

I just use some acetone to get rid of the Premier lacquer (??) stuff.  Seems to clean the gun up better.  I tried the mineral spirits stuff and it turned the Premier into a clear gum which stuck to everything.  I follow it with a few drops of some spray gun oil and lube it up before putting it away.  I'll shoot a bit of acetone to get the thing ready for the next load of Premier when I pull it out again and seems to get rid of the little oil (drops) too.  Evaporates quick, and I can see the spray pattern with it too prior to filling it with the Premier Print Shield.

My Sata Mini-Jet gun has a plastic lid and it is harder to clean up than the gun itself.  Now I just put a piece of aluminum foil over the top of the paint cup and throw it away when done.

SG
Pages: [1]   Go Up