Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad Cf 150 vs Cfi 150  (Read 1935 times)

Paul Ozzello

• www.paulozzello.com
Hasselblad Cf 150 vs Cfi 150
« on: February 11, 2014, 01:44:53 pm »

Mechanically the Cfi is supposed to be better (srping, less internal reflections...)  but which one is better optically ?

Looking at MTF, the Cfi looks better wide open while the Cf at f8 looks sharper in the center.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Re: Hasselblad Cf 150 vs Cfi 150
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 02:05:09 pm »

Hi,

The difference is very small. There may be sample variations but MTF measurement has also a built in uncertainty. Looking at the MTF curves I would give the nod to the CFi, as it is (or may be) sharper off axis.

But, I may also have a feeling that some compromises may have been made on later generation V-series lenses. I "upgraded" my Sonnar 150/4 CB to CF, and the CF lens has much better "touch" but I feel I cannot reproduce the MTF of the older lens. The Planar 80 I have is a CFE and I may feel the older CF lenses may have a better build quality.

Best regards
Erik

Mechanically the Cfi is supposed to be better (srping, less internal reflections...)  but which one is better optically ?

Looking at MTF, the Cfi looks better wide open while the Cf at f8 looks sharper in the center.

Erik Kaffehr

Paul Ozzello

• www.paulozzello.com
Re: Hasselblad Cf 150 vs Cfi 150
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 09:41:27 pm »

Thanks for replying Erik, all my other lenses are Cf so I'll probably stick with that, and the price is substantially lower.
Pages: [1]   Go Up