Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For Sale Canon EOS 40D body and EF-S 17-85mm IS USM AF Lens  (Read 518 times)

vfilepp

For Sale Canon EOS 40D body and EF-S 17-85mm IS USM AF Lens
« on: February 10, 2014, 05:56:56 pm »

A brief look through what's for sale here makes me hesitate to offer my old camera, but its a good camera to learn on and I hope there might be a DSLR newbie that might want to learn without spending a pile on a first camera.

This equipment is in excellent condition and has been well cared for. I purchased it new.

This camera body and lens is listed at B&H for 649USD used in excellent condition.

I am looking for 600USD.

Thanks for reading!

Lee Roberts

Re: For Sale Canon EOS 40D body and EF-S 17-85mm IS USM AF Lens
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 12:34:07 pm »

I hate to interject, honestly. This was the first DSLR I owned (40d) and was 1st class in its day. It still is a very competent camera -- 6FPS and all cross-type AF points I believe. The price, unfortunately, has plummeted (spelling?) over the past few years and I barely got $400 for mine in 2010.

Just my opinion: keep it as a backup. It's a beautifully designed camera and still has great functionality (live-view is awesome!!). Good luck. Finally, Amazon will always fetch you the highest price in my MANY buys and sells. However, the 'Zon gets their lion's share of commission.

vfilepp

Re: For Sale Canon EOS 40D body and EF-S 17-85mm IS USM AF Lens
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 09:49:11 pm »

Lee, thanks for your response. I'm sorry you were not able to sell your's for a better price. Of course it would be nice to keep it but I'm trying to cover some of the cost of a camera I just bought. As I said this same rig sold at B&H recently for 649USD so I don't think my asking price is out of line.

Attached image was posted on the B&H site. If you look it up it now says sold.

Pages: [1]   Go Up