Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pano Won't Print Correctly  (Read 1206 times)

BradSmith

Pano Won't Print Correctly
« on: February 10, 2014, 05:47:58 pm »

I've printed a fair amount before from LR on my Eps 3800, but I've just had a weird one happen and can't figure it out.  I want to print a horizontal pano @ 10" x 28" on 12x30 paper - Epson Exhib Fiber.  On a Mac.  I have created and chosen a custom paper size of 12x30 in Page Setup with landscape orientation, 100% .  In LR, I've selected "Single Image/Contact Sht", Rotate to Fit, all margins O.13, Page Grid 1x1, and Cell Size 28H x 10W.  Res = 360, Std sharpening, Glossy Media type, proper paper profile.  Print using the manual rear sheet feeder.

It previews fine on the screen.

What printed was a 1"x10"vertical slice from the middle of the image, rotated ninety degrees and placed in the upper left corner of the sheet,  1/8" margin on the top and 1" margin on the left!?!?   

Any suggestions?

thanks
Brad

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: Pano Won't Print Correctly
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 04:41:31 pm »

A custom paper size doesn't have an orientation. It's width and length. The orientation is more about matching the image to the paper.

Make sure you haven't transposed your length and width sizes in you paper setup, what you describe indicates that might be the problem.

Jimmy D Uptain

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 01:35:05 am »

This may sound silly but:

Uninstall the printer
Use Epson's uninstaller to get rid of the drivers.
Run disk utility and do a permissions repair
Download and install the drivers from Epson
Reinstall the printer
Rebuild your custom template.
Double check the settings and try it again.

I ran into some really weird driver issues last week or so. I did the above and the problems went away.
Yesterday, I had a tight deadline when it started acting stupid, and I had to do it again. And again the problem went away.
BTW, what it did was spit out 2" of paper, start printing, then stop and trim off three inches of paper, then continue printing. Of course this ruined my photos.
Last weeks problem was that it would spit out 3 feet of paper, cut it and start printing.
Like you, all looked well on the preview.
Apple or Epson needs to get this fixed.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 03:20:43 pm »

Certainly could be a driver issue, but I’ve seen this many times when people put in the width of the print as the width of the paper and vice versa because the print is landscape orientation.  The fact the OP mentioned his custom paper size was set up as “landscape” indicates this could easily be the problem, putting 30” in as his width and 12” in as his height (a landscape configuration), instead of putting in the width of the paper being printed on.  Additionally, 12” is an odd size for width anyway.  You should put in the actual width of the paper you are printing on, not the width of the final print you are after. 

What he describes is typical of what you get when you do this.

Certainly if that doesn’t work, a printer system cleanup/driver reinstall might be in order.

BradSmith

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 04:18:23 pm »

Thanks for both suggestions.  Wayne, I think you were correct.  My W, H, orientation and check box "Rotate to Fit" confused me, the driver and the printer.  I went back and looked at what the proper settings have been for me for other prints on custom sized paper on my 3800, and I duplicated those for this new print/paper size.   It printed correctly this time.  For whatever it is worth, here they are:

Page Setup: 12"Wx30"H custom paper size, image placed in landscape orientation @ 100%
Image Settings in LR:  28"W x 10"H horiz pano image, no "Image Settings" boxes checked, Layout 0.13 margins, Page Grid 1x1, Cell Size H=10", W=28"

With these settings, the screen preview of the printed image looked correct.  Loaded the 12"W end into the printer and it printed correctly. 

Thanks again guys.
Brad
Pages: [1]   Go Up