Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR5: develop>cam calibration>profile question...  (Read 5779 times)

Etrsi_645

LR5: develop>cam calibration>profile question...
« on: February 08, 2014, 04:29:58 pm »

I now have the Colorchecker Passport.  I created some test DNG profiles and applied them to some test photos..Where are these profiles located, if I want to delete the test profiles?  I couldn't find them using a search for the profile name.

And in real circumstances, do I have to always keep all profiles applied to photos, so LR knows how to adjust the photo?

thanks,

Pentax K-5 with lenses: DA* 16-50 f/2.8,

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: LR5: develop>cam calibration>profile question...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 06:29:47 pm »

What OS?

eliedinur

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 06:44:54 pm »

do I have to always keep all profiles applied to photos, so LR knows how to adjust the photo?
When you are setting edits in the Develop module for a Raw file, including selecting a camera profile, LR is recording the desired image changes in its catalog file and converting/editing a low resolution preview for display purposes. Later, when you export a file to the hard drive or render an RGB image for Photoshop, the full sized version is created. If LR does not have access to the profile at that time, it can't use it.
However, the profile can be embedded in a DNG file.
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th

Etrsi_645

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 08:21:23 pm »

Windows 7 Home Premium.  and how can you embed a profile into a DNG file?

Schewe

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 09:10:28 pm »

Where are these profiles located, if I want to delete the test profiles?  I couldn't find them using a search for the profile name.

Custom DNG Profiles should go here:

Windows: C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

Mac: Users/Your User Name/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles

You can delete unused profiles if you want...just know if you used one on a raw file and delete it, the camera profile defaults back to Adobe Standard. If you want to embed the file in a DNG file, choose Update DNG Previews and Metadata in the Metadata menu. Note, once embedded in a DNG you can not remove it...you can change the profile to another profile but you can't delete the already embedded profile.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 01:46:01 am »

If your mind is attuned t

Etrsi_645

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 01:45:58 pm »

thank you all. i will look into this...

Etrsi_645

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 02:19:52 pm »

Custom DNG Profiles should go here:

Windows: C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

Mac: Users/Your User Name/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles

You can delete unused profiles if you want...just know if you used one on a raw file and delete it, the camera profile defaults back to Adobe Standard. If you want to embed the file in a DNG file, choose Update DNG Previews and Metadata in the Metadata menu. Note, once embedded in a DNG you can not remove it...you can change the profile to another profile but you can't delete the already embedded profile.

I can't remember the exact order of steps now, but I embedded the test profile into the DNG.  I deleted the test profile from the "CameraRaw\CameraProfiles" folder and restarted LR.  The pull down menu still showed the test profile name, probably because it is embedded I would think.  I changed the profile to Adobe Standard and embedded that into the DNG and restarted LR.  The profile pull down menu showed Adobe Standard as the current profile, but upon using the pull down menu, the test (deleted profile) was still showing up and clicking on it did show a slight change in color... it's as though a history of assigned profiles is being stored somewhere even though that profile does not exist anymore.. 

Schewe

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 12:33:28 am »

it's as though a history of assigned profiles is being stored somewhere even though that profile does not exist anymore.. 

What part of not being able to remove a custom profile once embedded into a DNG didn't you understand? Once you embed a DNG profile into a DNG file, you can't remove it...it will be in that DNG file forever even if you trash that actual profile.
Pages: [1]   Go Up