Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crappy Hasselblad/Bron Service  (Read 2018 times)

bpepz

Crappy Hasselblad/Bron Service
« on: February 07, 2014, 10:13:58 pm »

Alright, I am interested to see if anyone else has had problems with them, but so far I am really not liking the service from the Hasselblad/Bron center in New Jersey. A few months ago my auxiliary shutter broke, and I sent it in to them to fix. It took a month to get back, but it was fixed. First thing I noticed was the focus screen was covered in finger prints. I wonder how hard it would of been to at least remove the screen while repairing it? Or maybe, try cleaning it before sending it back? This irked me, but is not the end of the world. Next I do some test shots to make sure everything is working fine. I take a look at the files when I'm done and they are all back focused. I wonder if maybe I was not focusing carefully enough, I try again, I am not recomposing either, and I am waiting for the two green arrows to appear. Same results, consistently back focused. Hoping that I am just seeing things, I go on to use it for another few weeks, probably shooting a couple thousand shots, photos of models, trees, food, everything. All of them were back focused. This was never a problem before I sent it in for service. I take a closer look at the service receipt, and saw they replaced the front and back contacts as well. I figured this might of changed the distance registration slightly, and this would explain back focusing. I sent it in to Hasselblad/Bron in New Jersey about three weeks ago. I called them and confirmed they got my package, they said they did. A few weeks go by and no word from them. So I call them, no answer, I leave messages, no one calls back. I start calling every other day, no one answers on any line. I begin to think they might even be avoiding me. I try one last time, no answer, so I ask to use my friend's cell phone, magically, I was able to get through now. I ask what is going on with my repair? They say they could find nothing wrong with it, took multiple shots and absolutely everything is fine. I bring up that since they replaced the contacts, and had to remove a lot of stuff to get to the aux shutter it may be possible this changed the distance slightly, they tell me this is impossible. Somehow I am not sure I believe them. Now I am stuck sending it to the Hasselblad factory to fix it at my expense. This is going to add another 3-4 weeks until I can use it, and is not even my fault. Also, if they tested it and found nothing wrong, why did they never even send me an email or call me? Only after I struggled getting ahold of them after 3 weeks did I get an answer, but only after I bugged them about it.

Maybe it is just my experience, but based on that I would highly recommend to stay clear of them.  If anyone else has any opinions on this I would love to hear it.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 10:17:01 pm by bpepz »

JV

Re: Crappy Hasselblad/Bron Service
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 11:08:39 pm »

I have always been very pleased with the service provided by Hasselblad New Jersey.

But... my experiences predate the Hasselblad/Bron merger, so I am not sure how relevant they still are.

I was very disappointed when I heard that Nicole Patchell was no longer with Hasselblad.

She supervised the parts division and was a joy to work with.

bpepz

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 10:20:24 am »

I have always been very pleased with the service provided by Hasselblad New Jersey.

But... my experiences predate the Hasselblad/Bron merger, so I am not sure how relevant they still are.

I was very disappointed when I heard that Nicole Patchell was no longer with Hasselblad.

She supervised the parts division and was a joy to work with.

I did not know that, that could explain alot. I've seen something similar happen to a lot of companies.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 12:33:27 pm by bpepz »

Go Go

• New York Editorial Photographer
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 12:40:38 pm »

I sent a lens in for repair, AF was not working. This was in early 2013 (prior to the merger?).

I had a cost estimate in 48 hours and the lens was ready to pick up 6 days later. I thought it was a reasonable time frame for a repair.

I did deliver the lens in person, and pick up when ready.

JV

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 01:16:08 pm »

I had two repairs that were taken care of within the week, mailing between Philadelphia and New Jersey included.

A third repair took slightly longer because the back had to go to Europe but not that much and still very acceptable.

But as mentioned in my case definitely before the merger.

Ed Foster, Jr.

• http://www.edfoster.net
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 01:24:54 pm »

Bpepz - that is a bummer you had problems with service of your Hasselblad.

Fortunately for me, when I sent my camera and one of my Bron packs to Hasselblad / Bron in New Jersey over the past year, they were very prompt with service on both occasions and communications - by phone and email - was excellent. I had no complaints.

Hopefully when you do get your camera back it will be in perfect shape.

Ed
Ed Foster, Jr.
[url=http://www.edfoster.

bpepz

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 02:21:19 pm »

I had two repairs that were taken care of within the week, mailing between Philadelphia and New Jersey included.

A third repair took slightly longer because the back had to go to Europe but not that much and still very acceptable.

But as mentioned in my case definitely before the merger.

Wow, I wish I had the same luck. Every time for me it is been at least several weeks even after the item got to them that I get a quote, and that is after calling them up several times.

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 02:47:54 am »

It's been a while since I had to send anything in to Hasselblad service - my CF 528 digital back that I use on my 6008AF was sent in for service I guess two years ago - calibration and cleaning only, so nothing big but I felt the communication and service was quite good so its too bad to hear about this.  I had wondered how the merger would change things, and also about the new management.  Hmmm.   Sorry you had trouble and hope that's not their new standard.
Rolleiflex USA

BlasR

• http://BMRWorldPhotos.com
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2014, 03:13:11 pm »

BP,

one of the BEST service EVER, come from the place....maybe U should give them a call, BC they will make sure U are 100+ satisfied.
BlasR
  [url=http://www.BMRWORLDPHOTOS.CO
Pages: [1]   Go Up