Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Green cast in BW-printing on Epson 9900  (Read 1697 times)

Arnebl

Green cast in BW-printing on Epson 9900
« on: February 07, 2014, 03:24:12 pm »

A slight green cast has appeared in my black and white prints.
I a printing a large project with many images and from one day to the next a very slight green tint has started appearing in the images. It is probably so light that if I weren't to show them next to yesterdays prints nobody would notice, but I will, and it will show.
I print from grayscale files using the advanced B&W mode on an Epson Stylus Pro 9900. The paper is a simple Premium lustre photo paper 260.
But all settings shouldn't really be relevant as I haven't changed a thing and yesterday the prints were very pleasantly neutral and today they ar not.
Epson phone-support suggested a test of nozzles which turned up perfect (have kept them clean with regular cleaning) and weren't really of any more help.

Does anyone have any experience with this pheomenon?

pspentax

Re: Green cast in BW-printing on Epson 9900
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 03:33:36 pm »

I always have the same inssue with the Lustre paper on a Epson 4800/9900 on B&W images, for color is a good choice.
I noted that if you see the image printed in daylight you don´t see the green cast but in some home lights you will see it. I think this is the cause for you have started seeing the green cast.
In ABW for B&W images on other papers like the Epson Velvet, Epson UltraSmooth and the Breathing color Vibrance rag it´s fantastic.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 03:45:36 pm by pspentax »
Pages: [1]   Go Up