Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QPCard history?  (Read 3519 times)

Henk Peter

QPCard history?
« on: February 07, 2014, 05:29:29 am »

Does anyone know what is going on at QPCard? They do not respond to e-mail for some time now.

Version 1.21 of the calibration software is advertised but the link to the supposed version 1.21 is to the older version (windows) which does not support my new camera..

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Re: QPCard history?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 01:45:34 am »

Hi,

I bought mine about two months ago. Vill check versions and come back.

Best regards
Erik

Does anyone know what is going on at QPCard? They do not respond to e-mail for some time now.

Version 1.21 of the calibration software is advertised but the link to the supposed version 1.21 is to the older version (windows) which does not support my new camera..
Erik Kaffehr

Vladimirovich

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 02:47:11 am »

which does not support my new camera..

convert raw to dng and use qpcard software with that dng file

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 02:25:05 pm »

Hi,

I have 1.21.

I use DNG normally. Vladimirovich suggestion should solve your problem.

I had a problem with naming my dcp-profile, which I fixed using dcptool.

QPCard software can generate ICC profiles, but those will not work with C1. They say it won't work, I have tested and it doesn't work.

Best regards
Erik

Hi,

I bought mine about two months ago. Vill check versions and come back.

Best regards
Erik

Erik Kaffehr

Henk Peter

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 02:16:30 pm »

convert raw to dng and use qpcard software with that dng file

Hi,

I have 1.21.

I use DNG normally. Vladimirovich suggestion should solve your problem.

I had a problem with naming my dcp-profile, which I fixed using dcptool.

QPCard software can generate ICC profiles, but those will not work with C1. They say it won't work, I have tested and it doesn't work.

Best regards
Erik

Thank you Vladimirovich and Erik for taking time to answer my question.

DNG conversion does not fit into my workflow. Where did you get version 1.21 Erik? Is that the Windows version?

Thanks,
Henk

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 02:53:07 pm »

Hi,

I am on Mac.

Sorry to ask, what do you want to use the profiles for? Which application do you need them for?

Best regards
Erik

Thank you Vladimirovich and Erik for taking time to answer my question.

DNG conversion does not fit into my workflow. Where did you get version 1.21 Erik? Is that the Windows version?

Thanks,
Henk
Erik Kaffehr

Henk Peter

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 03:58:09 pm »

Hi,

I am on Mac.

Sorry to ask, what do you want to use the profiles for? Which application do you need them for?

Best regards
Erik

Hi,

I need the profile for raw conversion in Lightroom 5

Vladimirovich

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 04:01:48 pm »

dear... what that has to do w/ your workflow ? you prepare your dcp (or even icc if that is what you want qpcard for) profile and then proceed to your workflow w/ original, non DNG raw files... that simple.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 04:04:12 pm by Vladimirovich »

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 06:05:54 pm »

Hi,

In that case I would export the file as DNG, open the exported file with QPCard software and throw away the exported file. The profile would work fine with whatever raw file format you have.

I had some problems getting Lightroom reading that profile. If you run into problems I may be able to help, if you send me the "dng file".

Best regards
Erik

Hi,

I need the profile for raw conversion in Lightroom 5
Erik Kaffehr

Henk Peter

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 01:41:09 am »

dear... what that has to do w/ your workflow ? you prepare your dcp (or even icc if that is what you want qpcard for) profile and then proceed to your workflow w/ original, non DNG raw files... that simple.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I did the workaround and now LR5 recognises the (dcp) profile. Thank you for your help.

Henk

Henk Peter

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 02:04:39 am »

Hi,

In that case I would export the file as DNG, open the exported file with QPCard software and throw away the exported file. The profile would work fine with whatever raw file format you have.

I had some problems getting Lightroom reading that profile. If you run into problems I may be able to help, if you send me the "dng file".

Best regards
Erik

Thank you Erik, it works now with the dng workaround.

Oh, I just checked on QPcard's website and they have fixed the link to version 1.21 for Windows. A dcp generated directly from the camera raw file is not recognised in LR5 however. The lack of response by QPcard to questions mailed to them months ago does not look very professional to me.

Thanks for your time,
Henk

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2014, 03:18:25 am »

Hi,

I had a similar problem I think, and that is the reason I may be able to help. The name tag seems to be inconsistent. I used "dcptool" to decompress the file, edited the XML file and recompressed with DCP-tool. So if you send me the file I could try to fix it, but I would also need a reference image to test it with, that is the reason I ask for the DNG file.

It may be that the file is put in the wrong place.

Best regards
Erik

Thank you Erik, it works now with the dng workaround.

A dcp generated directly from the camera raw file is not recognised in LR5 however.

The lack of response by QPcard to questions mailed to them months ago does not look very professional to me.

Thanks for your time,
Henk
Erik Kaffehr

Henk Peter

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2014, 04:37:10 am »

Hi,

I had a similar problem I think, and that is the reason I may be able to help. The name tag seems to be inconsistent. I used "dcptool" to decompress the file, edited the XML file and recompressed with DCP-tool. So if you send me the file I could try to fix it, but I would also need a reference image to test it with, that is the reason I ask for the DNG file.

It may be that the file is put in the wrong place.

Best regards
Erik

Thanks, but I have a working dcp file for LR5 produced with the dng workaround like you and Vladimirovich suggested.
No need for the DCP-tool operation  :) Thank you for offering your help.

Have a nice weekend,
Henk
Pages: [1]   Go Up