Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leicia M240 vs Fuji X  (Read 32925 times)

Telecaster

Re: Leicia M240 vs Fuji X
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2014, 05:07:40 pm »

I don't disagree with Lloyd...the EVF was one reason why I passed on the M240, but in the end I wouldn't have used it (EVF) much anyway. For me rangefinders are very much a "see it, frame it, click" kind of camera. Lenses usually stopped down enough so that quick-reaction focusing is accurate enough. The kind of care taken with focus in Lloyd's report just doesn't happen when I pick up an RF camera. One of the reasons I stopped using the X-E1 with my RF lenses in favor of the M8 was the way the Fuji had nudged my pic-taking approach away from spontaneity. I was fussing too much with it. Give me the power to get perfectionist about something and I'll take advantage of it, even to the detriment of the overall thing (job, hobby, craft, etc.) I'm doing.   :o  When it comes to the freer style of photography I often prefer, RFs put a beneficial hard limit on fussiness.

-Dave-

Manoli

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2014, 09:00:51 pm »

One of the reasons I stopped using the X-E1 with my RF lenses in favor of the M8 was the way the Fuji had nudged my pic-taking approach away from spontaneity. [...]When it comes to the freer style of photography I often prefer, RFs put a beneficial hard limit on fussiness.

Dave,

All I can say is that the latest X-E2 update has given the Fuji good FP. Not as good as the Sony but more than good enough. For fast, spontaneous (read: street style) shooting I now find it faster than a RF and it's the easiest cam to pre-focus. I set it to monochrome with red FP - it takes fraction of a second, and never stops to amuse me as I see the DOF shift as I play with focus. The Fuji with a 24 Elmar is a gas. Obviously, for critical focus both cams (X-E2 and A7r) are great.

M
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 03:16:33 am by Manoli »

scooby70

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2014, 07:41:48 pm »

The Sony A7R: Most overrated camera ever ...

Maybe, but I think my A7 is the best camera I've ever owned.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2014, 10:40:22 am »

Actually I heared a rumor about someone modding a Mamiya 7 once, but never found the proof.

search ebay

e.
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up