Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting People  (Read 1759 times)

seamus finn

Interesting People
« on: February 05, 2014, 03:45:21 pm »

The main attraction for me in this shot, apart from the natural light falling on the front players, is the action going on in the framed background cameos whose mysteries invite you through the open gate.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 04:57:53 pm by seamus finn »

Rob C

Re: Interesting People
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 04:14:49 pm »

I understand what you mean: like a row of tv sets with different programmes on the go...

Nice to see you again.

Rob C

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 04:37:49 pm »

Great shooting Seamus. At first I thought the guy in the background was looking daggers at you and was ready to spring up, machete in hand to lop off your camera arm. But when I expanded the picture I saw that he's actually looking somewhere off to his right. Whew! That's a relief!
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

seamus finn

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 05:00:04 pm »

Great shooting Seamus. At first I thought the guy in the background was looking daggers at you and was ready to spring up, machete in hand to lop off your camera arm. But when I expanded the picture I saw that he's actually looking somewhere off to his right.  

Another little mystery.

seamus finn

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 05:07:44 pm »

I understand what you mean: like a row of tv sets with different programmes on the go...

Correct, Rob, and thanks for the welcome back -for however long it lasts.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 05:09:46 pm by seamus finn »

WalterEG

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 05:14:39 pm »

The customary excellence Seamus,

Thank you for sharing.  It speaks strongly of the fact that if your aim is interesting pictures then it is best to immerse yourself in a place of interesting possibilities.

W

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 05:53:57 pm »

The customary excellence Seamus,

Thank you for sharing.  It speaks strongly of the fact that if your aim is interesting pictures then it is best to immerse yourself in a place of interesting possibilities.

W
Amen!
I like Rob's comment, too.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

seamus finn

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 06:31:33 pm »

if your aim is interesting pictures then it is best to immerse yourself in a place of interesting possibilities.

While that's fundamentally true, Walter, it's a bit of a question in my mind. I've been all over the place and strangely, some of my best stuff - if it's any good at all - is very local.  So, if you find yourself in an exotic location  - let's say  a war zone (as I was myself as a journalist in Northern Ireland back in the day) or anywhere photogenic, how can you NOT take good pictures - they serve themselves up on a plate. All you have to do is click often enough and eventually you'll get something worthwhile.

But take a walk around your home town with a project in your head - let's say' 'recession', and try to capture the spirit of that place,, without endless images of knock-down sales bargains and closed-down shops. Now, that's a little more challenging  than slow-shutter shots of milky waterfalls.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 06:44:36 pm by seamus finn »

WalterEG

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 06:35:46 pm »

Interesting insights into your provenance Seamus,

I certainly did not intend to say that places of interesting possibilities were necessarily far flung.

I regularly do road trips with a colleague and seldom get anything better than a big lunch and some conviviality out of the effort.  But wander around the block I live on and there are all manner of finds tugging at my cable release.

Cheers,

W

seamus finn

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 06:54:24 pm »

I regularly do road trips with a colleague and seldom get anything better than a big lunch and some conviviality out of the effort.  But wander around the block I live on and there are all manner of finds tugging at my cable release.

In the end, it's all in the eye, isn't it, Walter. You either have it or you don't, and in between, a convivial lunch is no small thing.

Rob C

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 04:34:27 am »

In the end, it's all in the eye, isn't it, Walter. You either have it or you don't, and in between, a convivial lunch is no small thing.

Heysoos, Seamus, even you might get burned for writing such heresy!

That it's true matters not a jot - you just aren't allowed to frighten the horses.

Rob C

P.S. How to make friends and influence people... ;-)

seamus finn

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 07:13:23 am »

There seems to be a misunderstanding. I'm not talking about anybody in particular, Rob,  - it's just a general observation,

Rob C

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 08:58:54 am »

There seems to be a misunderstanding. I'm not talking about anybody in particular, Rob,  - it's just a general observation,

I know, but that's the problem for many!

;-)

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up