Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: E-M1 Flash Settings Bug?  (Read 1403 times)

lensjack

E-M1 Flash Settings Bug?
« on: February 04, 2014, 01:41:04 pm »

The Oly manual (p. 50) says if you pop up the flash head, put the Lever in Position 2, and press the AF/Metering button, you'll see Flash Settings across the viewfinder top, and FEC below. I see only the AF/Metering options. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, were you able to change it? I can access all flash controls via the monitor, but of course would prefer viewfinder control.

An Oly tech told me on the phone that I just need to update from Firmware v1.0. But something about the conversation -- he didn't sound entirely confident -- made me hesitate. Thought I'd seek a second opinion here first.

I'm heading out now to shoot this camera for the first time other than a few at-home tests. (I won't need flash today.) Looking forward to putting it through the paces.

Thanks for any insights.

lensjack

Re: E-M1 Flash Settings Bug?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 02:34:13 pm »

Problem solved by Olympus Technical Support (whom I've found very responsive and helpful so far).

For anyone who cares, here is their fix:

"The issue that you are describing is not due to a bug, but mainly due to a step that is missing, and not very clear in the manual.

"To enable this function, and allow this to work correctly as stated in the manual, please follow these steps:

"Press the MENU button, go into "Custom Menu" then select "Gear icon B" (button/dial/lever), then scroll down to the bottom option in this menu, the Lever 2 + buttons icon, press the right arrow to go into, then up or down arrow to change this to the ON position, then press the OK button to confirm the ON setting. Finally, press the MENU button again to exit, then try doing the procedure you describe one more time."

This gives EVF and Live View access to Flash Modes (bottom bar) and Flash Exposure Compensation (top bar) in Lever Position 2 by pressing the AF/Metering button.
Pages: [1]   Go Up