Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Exciting times!  (Read 16626 times)

MrSmith

Re: Exciting times!
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2014, 06:39:03 am »

Perhaps Pentax doesn't address pros. They perhaps happy selling to amateurs and pros shooting wildlife?

World is a bit larger than studio photography.

the pro market is tiny compared to that of the amateur, most camera manufacturers don't need the pro market apart from it being a marketing tool to convince the weak minded with deep pockets.

pedro39photo

• PedroNunesPhoto
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2014, 08:38:03 am »

If this model came in 10.000$ will sell like hot pancakes, and maybe bring new users to the pentax brand and to DMF systems...
Competition its great, will be a great to see a quality image review to the 3 different brands, with the same sony chip a different prices...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 08:40:32 am by pedro39photo »

Manoli

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2014, 10:39:05 am »

But speaking of tires, has anybody tried Michelin Pilot S (I must like the letter S).  They're have great grip and cost less than a nikon d800.

I thought the last car shod with Michelin's was the Citroen 2CV. If you can't afford Pirelli's then aren't Continental the lesser choice ? (pronounced conteeenontaal, with a French intonation).

PhotoEcosse

« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2014, 10:46:09 am »

Expect the announcement of the new 645D + a new lens tomorrow.

That would explain why the retailers have dropped the price of the current 645D to below £4,000.
"Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol."
Alternatively, "Life begins at the far end of your comfort zone."

MrSmith

« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2014, 12:24:02 pm »

£5k ex vat for the body and 55mm
wonder if there would be enough cash left over for a 645-D spare body if you went for a 645-DII instead of an IQ-250?

heinrichvoelkel

« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2014, 12:52:48 pm »

That would explain why the retailers have dropped the price of the current 645D to below £4,000.

where????

MrSmith

« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2014, 01:14:45 pm »

http://www.reflexpro.fr/pentax-645d-nu-p-1292.html

with my euro-£ calculation less 20%vat =£3916  (is french vat 20%?) i expect in a few days that price would possibly be available in the U.K.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2014, 01:30:33 pm »

:-) Point taken :-)

:-) Erik :-)

… convince the weak minded with deep pockets. …
Erik Kaffehr

PhotoEcosse

« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2014, 02:29:23 pm »

where????

Mifsuds in Devon. £3999. (Down from £4299 last week)

But I guess that will be matched by WEX, Park, etc.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 02:31:22 pm by PhotoEcosse »
"Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol."
Alternatively, "Life begins at the far end of your comfort zone."

bcooter

« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2014, 04:42:24 pm »

Hi,

Perhaps Pentax doesn't address pros. They perhaps happy selling to amateurs and pros shooting wildlife?

World is a bit larger than studio photography.

Best regards
Erik

Of course there are more pleasure users than professionals.  Always has been.

Still, the camera companies, heck the world, are in a 2% growth system so to me even if you pick up 1000 sales with tethering, that's a lot of money you wouldn't have and the more a camera does the easier it is to sell later on, if upgrading is a person's plan and in the digital world, upgrade is the plan.
IMO

BC

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2014, 05:06:46 pm »

J,

Pay Pentax $70K directly (the price of 2 P1 backs), and I bet in a month or two they would courier a couple of scarred 645DII bodies with working tethering directly to your studio, with a bottle of Sake thrown in.

Edmund

Still, the camera companies, heck the world, are in a 2% growth system so to me even if you pick up 1000 sales with tethering, that's a lot of money you wouldn't have and the more a camera does the easier it is to sell later on, if upgrading is a person's plan and in the digital world, upgrade is the plan.
IMO

BC
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

torger

« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2014, 04:07:46 am »

For Phase and Hassy around here (Sweden/Europe) I'm almost 100% sure that the vast majority of shooters are professionals. When I as an amateur contact them it's quite obvious that they're not so used to amateur users which don't shoot in a studio. They're all about commercial photography. Here Pentax is on the other hand also sold by companies that sell a large volume to amateurs.

It seems to me that in US there's more amateurs in the MF market, partly because there are more people that can afford that type of gear, but also that the dealers are aware of this group and their needs.

Sareesh Sudhakaran

• The Indie Farm
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2014, 04:35:05 am »

...John Horton's last major work was a proof that if electrons have free will then people do too, which I guess is fun to hear even if one has trouble understanding it.

One of the few things I do understand, but then....electrons don't have free will in atoms or molecules - like a hyperactive kid running around the house, but never leaving it.
Get the Free Comprehensive Guide to Rigging ANY Camera - one guide to rig them all - DSLRs to the Arri Alexa.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2014, 01:33:01 pm »

Hi,

It may have to do with the substance being a conductor, a semi counductor or an isolator.

Best regards
Erik

One of the few things I do understand, but then....electrons don't have free will in atoms or molecules - like a hyperactive kid running around the house, but never leaving it.
Erik Kaffehr

eronald

« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2014, 05:55:46 am »

I think I got my story wrong -

here is a summary which I guess is correct, thanks to the Gods of Wikipedia.

I sometimes wonder whether there is a quantum of understanding, which you can get right or wrong :)

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

eronald

« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 07:06:54 am by eronald »

torger

« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2014, 06:51:41 am »

Most interesting news from the article I think is that the price is becoming one million yen or less, that is less than $10K, ie about the same as the old model.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2014, 06:54:45 am »

« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 06:56:51 am by Paul2660 »
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Roberts J

« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2014, 07:02:44 am »

Most interesting news from the article I think is that the price is becoming one million yen or less, that is less than $10K, ie about the same as the old model.

As I understand this price is prediction of person who interviews Ricoh representative, not the statement of Ricoh.

Here is citing of one member of PentaxForums.com, where he describes article in short:

"The first part is just a brief introduction of Ricoh Imaging booth at CP+. You can see several photos of gears like a 645D 2014, a TELEPHOTO MACRO lens for Q, a Film duplicator, a RICOH WG-4 GPS/WG-4, and a RICOH WG-20.

The second part is Mikio Tanaka's interview with Pentax's Yasuyuki Maekawa. Mikio Tanaka is a famous photographer in Japan. Here is Mr. Tanaka's forecast on the 645D 2014:

40-50 megapixel image sensor
SAFOX XI for AF sensor
3 fps
102400 or 204800 for the highest ISO
withstand 100,000 shutter releases
USB 3.0
live view with video mode
tethered shooting or multi-exposure like the K-3
less than $10,000

Mr. Maekawa didn't comment on whether Mr. Tanaka's prediction is correct or not, though Mr. Maekawa hinted some:

The 645D 2014 uses the same sensor as Phase One's digital back.
The sensor size is changed from 44×33mm of the current 645D, but no big change.
The price should be reasonable.
To change the shutter speed from 1/4000 to 1/8000 is difficult.
SR is difficult due to the sensor size.
Use FLUCARD regarding to Wi-Fi"
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 07:05:19 am by Roberts J »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up