Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Exciting times!  (Read 16615 times)

Atina

Re: Exciting times!
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2014, 12:52:34 pm »

What will happen to Pentax 67II? Is there a III model coming? Perhaps not?

Ken R

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2014, 01:05:09 pm »

In fact all the compacts will sport the Ricoh name in the close future, every single new model will be a "Ricoh".

Yeah, the Pentax K-3 says Ricoh on the back. Seems to me they are transitioning to switching the name already. It is a shame. The Pentax name has a lot of history and value. Oh well.

HERE

henrikfoto

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2014, 04:56:09 pm »

Lets hope Pentax's new camera is the exact same sensor as Phase and Hasselblad for 10.000$
That could really start to push the prices for Phase and Hasselblad.

The Doc

BJL

Exciting times! (confirmed by Ricoh press release)
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2014, 05:47:14 pm »

Expect the announcement of the new 645D + a new lens tomorrow.
Thanks for the heads-up, Radu.

By the way, with this now confirmed in a press release from Ricoh Imaging, Radu strengthens his standing as a more reliable inside source on Pentax than any rumor site.

My favorite feature, not previously mentioned, is the "Tilt-type LCD monitor". Now old-timers can compose by looking down on it like the ground glass MF viewfinders of old, except that the image on the LCD is slightly larger and not flipped.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 06:23:02 pm by BJL »

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
Re: Exciting times! (confirmed by Ricoh press release)
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2014, 06:03:47 pm »

Tilt LCD with LV sounds good. I hope it is fully articulated or I won't be interested. If they keep the Pentax name it would great. If it comes under 10k, now we're talking!
Eduardo

Thanks for the head-up, Radu.

By the way, with this now confirmed in a press release from Ricoh Imaging, Radu strengthens his standing as a more reliable inside source on Pentax than any rumor site.

My favorite feature, not previously mentioned, is the "Tilt-type LCD monitor". Now old-timers can compose by looking down on it like the ground glass MF viewfinders of old, except that the image on the LCD is slightly larger and not flipped.

Vladimirovich

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2014, 06:33:44 pm »

Like I said in less than 10 hours Pentax will launch products for every mount they have (Q, K and 645)
so "Ricoh Imaging has announced it will be showing four 'reference products'" qualifies like a product launch  ;)?

Lacunapratum

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2014, 07:13:47 pm »

Wondering whether Radu's crystal ball reveals any additional numbers about the ultra wide angle zoom.  Does it perhaps match the road map?   :P

Telecaster

Re: Exciting times! (confirmed by Ricoh press release)
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2014, 09:04:18 pm »

Tilt LCD with LV sounds good. I hope it is fully articulated or I won't be interested. If they keep the Pentax name it would great. If it comes under 10k, now we're talking!

I'd expect Olympus OM-D & Sony A7(r) style articulation, though we'll see... I love being able to use these cameras in a Hasselblad/Rollei fashion while out & about, camera at waist level. Not how I use my 645D at all, but being a fairly tall guy it'd be nice to drop the tripod height without having to kneel.   ;)

-Dave-

DanielStone

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2014, 09:10:12 pm »

I'd guess that the majority of current 645D(v1) owners don't have much "need" for tethered operation, but it'd sure be nice if they would allow this new camera to have such capabilities. Even if they had their own software for tethering & raw file conversion/processing; as long as it's stable, that'd be super sweet too. Alas, I'm still enjoying film, so I'm only a mere spectator here w/ all this digital stuff :P

gerald.d

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2014, 10:31:51 pm »

tsjanik

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2014, 10:44:27 pm »

You'd rather go all meta and discuss the discussion?

LOL

tsjanik

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2014, 10:56:38 pm »

Here you go folks -
http://news.kakaku.com/prdnews/cd=camera/ctcd=0049/id=36571/

Thanks for the link.  I half expected this to be mirrorless, maybe next time.

gerald.d

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2014, 11:06:06 pm »

uaiomex

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2014, 11:47:29 pm »

Tilt LCD useless for portrait shooting. Do Panasonic, Canon and Nikon own all the rights for fully articulated screens? Hahaha So it seems!
At least it clearly says Pentax. Actually I didn't mean Ricoh to flaunt it so severely. White small carved letters would suffice. I didn't ask for a banner!  :D
It is worst than the big H on the Hasselblad HIV. What's wrong with designers these days?
Eduardo

Bigger pics -

http://news.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/rim_info/2014/20140206_004691.html
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 11:57:33 pm by uaiomex »

Telecaster

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2014, 12:00:10 am »

Hmmm, don't like the bright "Pentax" logo...if I end up getting one that sucker will be blacktaped pronto!

Since I'm doing everything now with 16:9 horizontal presentation in mind (4k TV!) the inability to put the rear LCD in portrait orientation doesn't bother me.

-Dave-

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2014, 12:02:49 am »

The CMOS sensor is probably the same Sony chip used in the IQ250 and Hasselblad.

It will be fun to test the Phaseone claims that they know better than anybody else how to extract top image quality from a chip. Pentax is making the same claims in fact. ;)

And, if it is indeed better, then to check whether it is 25,000 US$ worth better or not.  ;D

Another key aspect is the quality of the live view implementation that Phaseone seems to have executed very well.

As far as pricing goes, I would be extremely surprised if the 645DII sold for more than 10,000 US$. That is psychological barrier above which Japanese camera companies seem to think that they will not succeed with the target audience of the 645D in Japan. We will see in a few days.

Cheers,
Bernard

uaiomex

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2014, 12:56:04 am »

Yeah! I'd  do that too asap. I can forget about the crippled articulated screen if it is 10K or less. It would be my first DMF camera. Eduardo.                                                                                                            
Hmmm, don't like the bright "Pentax" logo...if I end up getting one that sucker will be blacktaped pronto!

Since I'm doing everything now with 16:9 horizontal presentation in mind (4k TV!) the inability to put the rear LCD in portrait orientation doesn't bother me.

-Dave-
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 04:27:24 am by uaiomex »

jerome_m

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2014, 01:52:30 am »

I see tiny holes on each side of the pentaprism cover of the new Pentax. They look like holes for microphones. Would that mean that the camera is able to shoot video?

torger

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2014, 01:57:00 am »

Phase One provides a full-frame system with detachable backs (sure IQ250 isn't full-frame but full-frame is coming), so I don't think it's really comparable. If you need a detachable back or having it upgradeable to full-frame 645 Pentax is not going to help you.

This makes it possible for Phase One (and Hasselblad) to stay in a totally different pricing space, and they probably will.

The CMOS sensor is probably the same Sony chip used in the IQ250 and Hasselblad.

It will be fun to test the Phaseone claims that they know better than anybody else how to extract top image quality from a chip. Pentax is making the same claims in fact. ;)

And, if it is indeed better, then to check whether it is 25,000 US$ worth better or not.  ;D

Another key aspect is the quality of the live view implementation that Phaseone seems to have executed very well.

As far as pricing goes, I would be extremely surprised if the 645DII sold for more than 10,000 US$. That is psychological barrier above which Japanese camera companies seem to think that they will not succeed with the target audience of the 645D in Japan. We will see in a few days.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up